1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

43MXE1 and Scaler

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by soiaf, Mar 2, 2005.

1. soiaf

soiaf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I see a few people here have got their 50MXE1 working with a scaler, and are getting great results.
    I have a 43MXE1 and I've started trying to get the exact 1:1 mapping with my scaler (a Crystalio) - chancing my arm I tried entering the 1024x768@60 settings that people are using on their 50MXE1s, but that doesn't seem to work out - for example 1344 is the value suggested for horizontal total, but it seems to me (after some experimentation) that 1340 is a better value on the 43MXE1 [though I could easily be wrong here! ].
    I'm not too surprised that there seems to be differences, the 50MXE1 does have a larger native resolution.

Is anyone using a 43MXE1 with a scaler? Any advice/suggestions on settings (just looking for some pointers, but if you happen to have the full settings that would be nice :D )

And as an aside question - In the tech specs for both the 50MXE1 and the 43MXE1, in the table giving available resolutions etc., they have a remarks column, for the 1024x768@60 setting they have the remark 1376x768. Anyone know what this means?

Thanks!

2. oliverlim

oliverlim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi,

This should help..... :)

Oliver

Attached Files:

3. soiaf

soiaf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've seen them already, sorry.
    I know that they work great on a 50MXE1, but they don't seem to work right (for me at least) on the 43MXE1 (yes, I have set the plasma to FRC 2).

Thanks though!

4. oliverlim

oliverlim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hmm...these are for the 43mxe1. I know it works as I just tried it last weekend on a 43mxe1 at my dealers demo room.

What do you mean that it does not work right?

Oliver

5. soiaf

soiaf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If I enter the values into the Crystalio, I get a picture no problem etc.
    The plasma displays 'dot by dot' - so its happy enough resolution wise.

However, if I test the resolution by using the supplied 'Pixel Magic' disc (various resolution tests) and look at their 'v-line 50' test it doesn't look right - this is basically just a screen with an alternating set of black/white vertical lines.
    With the horizontal totals in that attached document (1344) I can basically see a couple of areas of bunched lines (like thick 'bands' going down the screen). But at 1340 I don't see any 'bands' going down the screen.

If you've used these settings on a 43MXE1, thats great news, indicates that theres some other issue.
    Are there any setting changes that you know need to be done on the plasma (I think its in factory default mode from a settings perspective)?

Or is there any other setting that you think might be causing an issue?

Thanks a lot for this information.

6. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    The timing data posted above is direct from Pioneer and works just fine on both 43MXE1s and 50MXE1s via both Lumagen DVI/HDP scalers and HTPCs so I can only assume that the Crystalio is doing something different...have you tried asking on the PMS forum ?

Cheers, Lee

7. soiaf

soiaf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Lee, I'll put a post on the PMS forum about it now.

For my own sanity :) when you press 'Display' on the Pioneer remote using these settings what does the Pioneer show as being its input H & V ?

Thanks again for confirming these

8. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Well I have mine set for 1280x768 @ 50Hz and the display reports it back as fH 40.1kHz and fV 50.0Hz with the resolution as 1280x768...with my Lumagen I have to go into the Integrator menu and shift the image position one pixel to the left to get a 1:1 mapping.

You have selected the correct Signal Format under the setup menu haven't you ? just a thought.

Cheers, Lee