436XDE vs PV500 vs Tosh 7200PD or Philips 9830 LCD

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by dazzling600, Mar 21, 2006.

1. dazzling600

dazzling600

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is driving me mad....I have been sitting on the sidelines, reading all the major mags, taking the odd visit to the high street for the past 2 months.

Trying to decide between 3 models, those being the Panny H42PV500 or TH42PX60 or Philips 37PF9830.

Realise the Philips 37PF9830 is a smaller screen but something keeps pulling me back to this, probably my preference for LCD over Plasma (screenburn, heat, noise etc.).

Somebody help me...its driving me mad...have space on my wall ready and money burning hole in my pocket!

To top it all I am thinking that I could save £700+ and get the Tosh 42PD7200 lthough I am not sure if contrast is an issue with this set?

PLEASE dont tell me to wait for xxxxx as I have been watching it all evolve for 12 months!

ALL advice appreciated.

Cheers

Dazzling

2. markdk100

markdk100
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    after having problems with my Hitachi 42pd7200 and battling with Currys since December for a replecement I've spent months looking at different plasma and LCD screens.
    Have demo'd so many screen and finally ordered the pioneer 436XDE because out of all the screens i've seen it has the best picture quality. Take delivery of mine today.......

3. dazzling600

dazzling600

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. Anybody else. Help here REALLY appreciated!

4. tickahtnac

tickahtnac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just exchanged my Pio 436FDE for the hitachi 7200 because of image lag on the pio.

the hitachi is an excellent screen, but in my humble opion just falls short on the PQ of the pioneer.

so to finalise if you want high PQ but with the possibility of image retention (even after running in) go for the Pioneer.

if you want to settle for slightly less PQ but no problems with image retention, and in the region of £700 cheaper go for the hitachi.

regards: tickahtnac

5. Bacus

Bacus
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    Go and see a pioneer 436xde up and running !! And i mean up and running properly.... I got my Pioneer 436xde, 4 weeks ago !! I had not even seen one working !! only seen it in the mags, but read lots and listened to all on this forum !! Then bought it, I think you can go and see 100's of screens, and alot of the time it is down to personal choice. But i felt that i would see how all the other owners of this pioneer liked/di-liked it.

So i actually bought it from what other members on this forum said. And i am so glad i did !! The PQ is stunning and i am still on running in mode !! Go have a look at one in a dedicated HiFi/Vision kinda shop, not comet,dixons etc,etc I am still amazed by how it looks even when it's turned off !! :D

6. Bacus

Bacus
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    Think on the 436XDE with screens made as of the start of this year (feb time) image retention (while running in or after run in period) is no longer a problem what so ever !! :rolleyes:

7. dazzling600

dazzling600

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great thanks. How do I know I am getting a Feb onwards panel? Any way of checking?

8. Bacus

Bacus
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    Really only when you get the screen delivered, on the back of the screen it has a label (top centre) stating the month/year that the panel was made !! If you are getting from a retailer then i would say that 99% of them now will be screen that are made this year as these screen are selling really well and tend not to hang aroung in shops !!

9. dazzling600

dazzling600

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great thanks. Think I have decided to go with this 436XDE now although even though small screen I did really like the reviews spec for the Philips 37PF9830!

One last thing, I will probably get impatient now and just want to get my hands on one (Richer Sounds website shows only 436RXE at £1999 and it seems lacking many inputs). Any clue as to combination of best deal/availability? Would like benefit of John Lewis 5 year warranty but can't see 436XDE on their website and not sure who to use to get a good price match if they even do have this model.

Great help this guys!

10. dazzling600

dazzling600

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK I have got the bit between my teeth and going to Richer Sounds this evening to get the 436FDE for £2199. Anybody see a problem with this set/price/Richer sounds?

11. Dazza Cole

Dazza Cole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Does the FDE have multiple HDMI ?

12. dazzling600

dazzling600

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just single HDMI :(

13. Bacus

Bacus
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    If you want best price then order from Dixons online web site....£2150.00 with stand + speakers !! This price is still the best out there and to this day has not been beten !!:eek:

14. Trimmy

Trimmy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have a look at LE Concepts as well.I almost bought one from there(got a pv500 from JL instead) and they give a 3 year warranty.:hiya:

15. dazzling600

dazzling600

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't see that price on Dixons website? do you have a URL?

16. Bacus

Bacus
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    If you read through the long thred on here "bset price for pioneer 436xde" you will find a lot of discount codes !! use these code to get the price down !! Simple :eek:

17. Kevstir

Kevstir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +185
    http://www.dixons.co.uk/product.php?sku=604199

Simply enter the code 604199FPD at the Checkout stage and press enter. The price will automatically change from £2599.94 to £2267.94

also put in 100DIXONS and get a further £100 off

Kev

Edit, i believe the best time to check the site is during the day as i they show as out of stock after a certain time at night , must be due to stock taking or something like that.

18. tomatoface

tomatoface

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree!! Once setup it ROCKS. I bought mine in Feb and have had no retension issues whatsoever. This is my third flat panel read this .. http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314226&highlight=the+winner

19. alistaln

alistaln

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    And for those buying new Pioneer Plasmas - read the new FAQ (link in sig below) for lots of useful info...

20. orange66

orange66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

not wishing to sound a party pooper, but have you heard that from anyone other than on a forum?

If not, tread with care and if the manual says it can pick up retention, trust the manual over forum opinion, just to be safe, these sets cost a fortune...