436XDE surround - easy to scratch ?

Daipac

Established Member
Reaction score
I take good care of my plasmas and only wipe them down using a slightly damp scotchbrite cloth so as not to scratch the screen.

I have just come back from a holiday in New York and I have noticed that when the room light is shining on the plasma I can see swirl marks on the black surround of my 436XDE ! Is it that easy to scratch them or is this just a downside of the material the surround is made out of ?

Anybody else notice these swirl marks on their 436/506XDE ?

Unfortunately, yes. I have nice parallel lines along my surround, hardly visible unless, as you say, the light hits it right. It's only because I wiped around the surround with a dry cloth, big mistake.

Oh the joys of piano black eh?

bix said:
Unfortunately, yes. I have nice parallel lines along my surround, hardly visible unless, as you say, the light hits it right. It's only because I wiped around the surround with a dry cloth, big mistake.

Oh the joys of piano black eh?
I always use a damp cloth and I seem to have these swirls too. As you say, the joys of piano black and it is only when the light hits it right.

Only noticed it tonight and I have been away for a week.

I clean mine as little as possible, it doesnt really get that dusty. Still looks dam fine from the sofa!

Bought some Plasmaclean for my 436XDE & it works just fine (even comes with a micro cloth thingy).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom