436XDE surround - easy to scratch ?

Daipac

I take good care of my plasmas and only wipe them down using a slightly damp scotchbrite cloth so as not to scratch the screen.

I have just come back from a holiday in New York and I have noticed that when the room light is shining on the plasma I can see swirl marks on the black surround of my 436XDE ! Is it that easy to scratch them or is this just a downside of the material the surround is made out of ?

Anybody else notice these swirl marks on their 436/506XDE ?

bix

Unfortunately, yes. I have nice parallel lines along my surround, hardly visible unless, as you say, the light hits it right. It's only because I wiped around the surround with a dry cloth, big mistake.

Oh the joys of piano black eh?

Daipac

bix said:
Unfortunately, yes. I have nice parallel lines along my surround, hardly visible unless, as you say, the light hits it right. It's only because I wiped around the surround with a dry cloth, big mistake.

Oh the joys of piano black eh?
I always use a damp cloth and I seem to have these swirls too. As you say, the joys of piano black and it is only when the light hits it right.

Only noticed it tonight and I have been away for a week.

bix

I clean mine as little as possible, it doesnt really get that dusty. Still looks dam fine from the sofa!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom