436XDE query

T

The Cowboy

(moved from another thread)

Hey,

Got my 436XDE and am delighted with it. One thing I've noticed though, is that on the Sin City DVD my eye seems to catch little flashes of yellow when the image is transtioning between black and white areas at speed (which that film does all the time, obviously). This occurs whether I run RGB Scart, 720p HDMI or Component – but the effect seems to be lessening with time. Also, with other films – House of Daggers – it's not noticeable, but I can occasionally see it when white text quickly disappears on a black screen while playing Resident Evil 4 on GameCube. Thoughts? I don't think it's a big thing at all, just wondered if it was common to plasmas?

not with me m8 on the pv500

I get my Pio 436 on Wednesday. If you don't get any replies from other 436 owners by then, I will check it out. Haven't got Sin City (I know shameful) but have got House of the Flying Daggers.

Let us know if you notice it on other movies/console games and I'll try to check them out if I have them.

Galaxian said:
I get my Pio 436 on Wednesday. If you don't get any replies from other 436 owners by then, I will check it out. Haven't got Sin City (I know shameful) but have got House of the Flying Daggers.

Let us know if you notice it on other movies/console games and I'll try to check them out if I have them.

Thanks Galaxian, that's helpful. Like I say, not a major worry. I tested the Pio against the PV500 and preferred the picture on the 436 – but each to their own.

Cowboy,

I've spent all afternoon messing around with my new 436XDE tv and I haven't been able to see or recreate your problem.
It could be that I just don't see something that you would pick up on even on my screen.

The thing I have noticed is rapidly changing text on an interlace image sometimes shows the interlace lines.

Apart from that it's great so far.

ive have seen this on the 42pv500 in currys it was so bad it stopped me from buying, i think ive heard someone say this was called candence decay or something like that ,i believe all plasmas do it. and i saw one dixons do the same thing. :eek:

The thing I have noticed is rapidly changing text on an interlace image sometimes shows the interlace lines

Goto PICTURE->PRO SETUP and turn the Cinema Mode off, or whatever it is called.. the top option.. this caused those 'interlacing' lines...

In fact, I'd turn this off anyway, since turning it off, I've noticed no bad artefacts at all...

I have a pv500 and have sin city and notice the exact same problem. I've noticed it happens on any black and white viewing material. I suppose we need to establish if this definitely happens on all plasma screens. If not then this is surely a fault. Ive had my pv500 for two weeks so I'm crossing my fingers the problem goes or lessens after the run in period.

Demon said:
Goto PICTURE->PRO SETUP and turn the Cinema Mode off, or whatever it is called.. the top option.. this caused those 'interlacing' lines.

Thanks will do and see if it cures the problem.
There are a stack of image processing options to get through and I'm sure most are not needed for good video sources.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom