436XDE Link Cable extension

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by red1703, Oct 24, 2005.

1. red1703

red1703
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am looking into extending the system cable on a 436XDE. The cable distance needs to be 15-20M. I have spoken to Pioneer and the only option they have giveb me is their PDA-H05 'Optical Extension Cable System-30M' at around £1000. Does anyone know if there is any other way of running this kind of distance without this kind of expense. although i do not want a bodged job resulting in lower picture quality.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :lease:

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    That is the only option. HDTV digital links over optical cables are up around £800 even when not branded Pioneer, they are not kidding you on the price. Use a different plasma if you want to be more cost effective, a 25m DVI only cable is possible for a reasonable cost. Pioneer cable includes the control cable as well, which you must have connected for the system to run. This is one of the drawbacks of locking yourself in to a proprietary system.

3. stevedster

stevedster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I think they are right in that you will need some kind of optical cable over that distance, altho the price they quoted is just silly. its just high capcity optical cable isnt it, so maybe some kind of computer network engineer/company could help you out ??!?

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Sure they can, for £800+, then go and find your own control cable. It's the converting DVI to optical that costs.