• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

436-XDE owners, hows the footy?

kamaran

To all 436-XDE owners who are also football fans, can you tell me what your viewing experience has been like with the footy?

Have you tried both 75Hz and 100Hz is there any dreaded 'judder'?

This screen is they key to my 2006 World cup experience next year, so I need your honest opinions please. :thumbsup:

S

StefanoC

Sorry, not a footy fan, from what little I saw of match of the day, didn't notice any judder and I'm running at 100Hz.

Blue Triangles

Can you set the refresh rate manually?

stuart2348

Standard Member
I just got my 436xde friday and have been watching footie all weekend... bliss

100hz setting. :thumbsup:

S

StefanoC

You can choose between 75Hz and 100Hz, made no difference as far as I could see, but 75Hz creates a louder buzzing sound from my screen.

Serkie

It's by no means perfect but I didn't find it distracting. I've played with both settings and find 100Hz smoother.

nightsoil

Watched loads of footie over the weekend, I switched between 75 and 100 a few times and didn't notice any difference really.

kamaran

nightsoil said:
Watched loads of footie over the weekend, I switched between 75 and 100 a few times and didn't notice any difference really.

nightsoil,

were you happy with the performance? Any screen burn/image retention from the score logos?

tscotsman

Its a question of wether you notice it or not I believe, but its always there aparently, just dont look for it!! :eek: It is a fantastic TV by all accounts. Not quite up there with the Panny of course :D

T

The_Fitter

Will35 You set the refresh rate by going to the home menu and into options and there it is.

tscotsman said:
It is a fantastic TV by all accounts. Not quite up there with the Panny of course :D

The only reason it is not up there with the Panny is because the Panny is still on back order. Keep waiting you can put it up there soon. :)

nightsoil

kamaran said:
nightsoil,

were you happy with the performance? Any screen burn/image retention from the score logos?

Performance is great, especially enjoyed watching starwars 2 / asteroid chase scene yesterday. Colours compared to my NEC where almost 3d like (if that makes any sense!)

Had a small amount of image retention from the red/white/blue score logo on sky. It vanished after about 15 mins of watching another channel.

I normally zoom the logo's off the screen to be honest.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom