1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

435XDE Turning onto Standby by itself?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by wolvyj, Apr 18, 2005.

1. wolvyj

wolvyj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a 435XDE for few days now and am very please with it. However I have noticed that it has turned itself to standby a couple of times whilst it's been on Sky. I wasn't really watching it - it was just on in the background. I know there is a 'No Signal Off' power save mode but don't think it should turn off when watching Sky. My girlfriend said it came up with a message the bottom corner but didn't get time to read it. It turns back on fine when you turn it on with the remote.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Wolvy.

2. sloopjohnb

sloopjohnb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Girlfriend messing with your head????????? :rotfl:

You got money :confused:

Otherwise.cant help..hopefully.help will be here soon :hiya:

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Check that both video and link canles are correctly seated, sounds like a loose connection between media box and screen. If it persists after checking this, it could be the power supply being dodgy, warranty obviously. The 'no singal' message is more likely, but it's telling you there is no connection to the media box, probably. The screen won't run on it's own.

4. laustin956

laustin956
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You may have the power control settings [no operation off] this will turn the tv off in 3 hour if you do noy use the tv remote