1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

435xde - huge relief

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ikon66, Jun 4, 2005.

1. ikon66

ikon66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I purchased a Pio 435xde at Easter but because of having to wait 7 weeks for a stand and home improvements have only set it up today and what a relief.

Have been reading so many negative posts on here about the Pio and the all singing all dancin pv500 i thought I had made the wrong choice.

However, after about 2 hours to assemble the stand and then wire it up I must say I'm totally impressed.

Read lots about blacks being grey, are you people blind :rotfl: only tried it through Sky+ and digital reciever and PQ is excellent and that's only on out of the box settings.

Waiting for my DVD system, this week hopefully :rolleyes:

So anyone still in doubt about the Pio get one :smashin:

2. Drd

Drd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Time for a piccy :thumbsup:

3. ikon66

ikon66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
  4. narcosis

narcosis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll second that - I just had one installed on friday and am totally blown away by it. Look at the Panasonic 500 series, but as the wife said it is ugly looking if wall mounting. The Pioneer looks classy on the wall, and the PQ is amazing, including Sky+ and freeview. None of the issues the mags have been on about.

Ultimate accolade is my mother was baby sitting last night, and when she got back she was raving about the picture on it, saying how 3D it looked, and how clear with vibrant colours and detail. Didn't expect that - though she was going to say why did we spend so much money on a plasma, but she loves it and can't wait to do more baby sitting!

Go get them - expecially as they are £300 reduced now with two free flights to boston or new york being offered.

5. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still not convinced about the pio!

Still as long as you are happy,the smart money tends to go the panny route :oops:

6. Drd

Drd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +246
    No,the smart money goes on the screen you like,not the screen everyone else think they like. :D

7. ikon66

ikon66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    And your comments are based on what exactly :confused:

8. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    comments are based on owning a 505 xde, viera 37 pd30 and a 50 pv500 on order :D

9. ikon66

ikon66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    so you've spent all of that money on av kit you are not happy with and still prepared to gamble more "smart" money :rotfl: and you still wanna give out advice :eek: :rotfl:

10. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Didn't say i wasnt happy!
    Like all my av kit , horses for courses.
    Pioneer great at dvd useless at sky and terrestrial tv :D
    Like i said be happy with what you have, and im not giving advice im giving my opinion based on experience of ownership, which is what this forum is about.

Like i said as long as you are happy with your purchase,theres always better found the corner and that corner for the moment is Panny ;)

11. Damo9424

Damo9424

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where do you see them reduced by £300 ? Lowest price I have seen is £2409 + £80 Delivery!

Does anyone know anywhere that is cheaper and still offers the new york trip ?

Damo

12. BIGMAX

BIGMAX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I can never understand the comments that the pio's are useless with sky. Sure - some of the obscure channels can be a bit ropey but the majority of main stream channels produce excellent pictures. Some are actually superb most of the time. I don't even have a problem with football and other sports which always get sla**ed off.

The pictures from sky are never going to be of dvd quality but I don't feel that useless should be an adjective to describe the pio with sky.

Like Ikon I was amazed when I first set sky up with the screen as I'd heard these "useless with Sky" comments regularly on here, but I found the picture to be more than acceptable straight away. It's even better now that the screen has clocked up over 200 hours.

13. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I agree BIGMAX, my pio is fine to me (better than my top of the range philips crt on all but the worst sky channels) , but in fairness I haven't seen a well set up panny for comparison - if I had, and the panny was as superior as people think they are, then perhaps my opinion wold be different. I'm not rushing out to compare as I'm more than happy with what I've got, and not much else touches the pio in HDMI mode (the reason I bought the xde in the first place - sky was a last consideration).

14. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The xde is more expensive than the panny 500!
    Wheres the logic?
    This was posted in the plasma forum not the xde owners club!

The xde is old news, theres a new kid on the block,the xde was a great addition to the growing trend of plasmas.
    If youve bought one great , if you havn't look around and the try the new
    sets. :cool:

15. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Have you seen both with HiDef feed? If so your comments are welcome and useful. If not, xde and pv500 owners should really wait until they have seen both with HD before stating one is better than the other.

No pio owners have said theirs is the best - just that they are very happy with them - nowt wrong with that. :)

16. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the panny and the xde.

My point is terrestrial tv and sky are not as good as the panny pd30 and well behind pq on the new 50 and 500 panny's!
    I have the pio and the panny so no axe to grind :cool:

If you want to watch toy story 24/7 then you will be ok, but if you like watching tv/sky 80% of the time the panny is the option.

17. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Actually it would be good to compare the 435XDE and the 42PV500. Thinking of one of the two at the moment and the XDE has come down in price. Contrast was always an issue with me on the Pioneers but the PV500 is only 3000:1 which makes it a closer call now I reckon.

18. BIGMAX

BIGMAX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    As Dean ym has touched on, none of us pio owners are saying that our screen is better. I was just pointing out that I don't feel the XDE is "useless with sky". As new plasmas are produced the quality will inevitably get better and better. It sounds like the panny pv500 is a fantastic screen and I can't say that the xde is better cos I havn't seen the panny as I have no need to keep comparing new plasmas to mine.

I will be happy with the xde for a couple of years and then will then look forward to my next purchase as the quality by then should be amazing.