1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

435XDE HDMI usage

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Setch, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Setch

Setch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I currently connect my NTL digital Pace box to the 435XDE media box using a high quality scart/scart lead and I am pleased with the PQ. But I keep seeing that the 435XDE likes a digital connection, so if I was to connect it to an A/V receiver component in with HDMI out, would I notice any major improvement in PQ?

Panasonic do a recieved SAXR70 that has HDMI out and it is not expensive @ £290.

Setch

2. MPK

MPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Probably not as the signal would still be converted from digital to analog and back. Most receivers also wouldn't allow component in and digital out of the same source (my A1XV doesn't), only some scalers do. But if you wait a few months, Telewest (and no doubt shortly thereafter NTL) will introduce a new HD capable set-top box/PVR by Q4 05 which will have an HDMI out, which would deliver a pure digital signal.

3. Setch

Setch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    That's what I have heard, but getting anybody from NTL to give you a clue is impossible. I guess you are right in that I should wait, it would probably be foolish to spend on something that is not really needed or even redundant in a few months.

tks
    Setch