1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

435XDE 1080i Issue

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Ath3na, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Ath3na

Ath3na

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    I hope someone can help me with this problem. I have just purchased the 435XDE. If there is anyone out there thinking about buying one DO IT. Its amazing. I have just one problem. When I try and play a Hi Def sample at 1080i the screen seems to judder or flicker slightly. Playing movies in 720p looks amazing.
    I have been doing alot of reading and realise it might be down to the receiver unit trying to compensate for the signal coming into it.
    I am using a Radion X800xt with a GB of DDR2 Corsair on 2 raptors raided 0 (bit of an overkill I know). I have also read alot about people using powerstrip and making custom timings. Is there anyone else out there that has had this problem. I have checked avs forums. There is a 70 page thread on the subject lol. I am using a hdmi - dvi lead. PC has been formatted and im using the latest Ati drivers that have direct HDTV resolution options.
    720p looks fine, the plasma reports it supports 1080i but it judders/flickers.
    Please help :)

2. Kier

Kier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Isn't that just the nature of the interlaced 1080i signal? 720p is progressive, so there is no flicker...

Maybe I'm wrong?

3. Ath3na

Ath3na

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know what you mean, But the screen flickers that much its unwatchable really.
    Its like the screen is almost shaking.

4. Kier

Kier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have you tried altering the screen refresh rate from the PC?