1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

435HDE and COMPUTER problems...?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by smargi, Jun 13, 2005.

1. smargi

smargi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    when i connect my computer to the pioneer 435HDE and try to use 1080I the screen get out of sync and it's nearly impossible to see the picture. 720P work fine..! anyone know about that..?
    and another question what is the native resultion for the 435HDE,XDE,FDE i see some review the says 1280x768 and some for the same plsama 1024x768..?

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    435 is XGA, 1024/768. How are you connecting the PC, on VGA or HDMI? If it's HDMI, chances are, your PC may still be kicking out 1080p rather than i. Need more info for a proper diagnosis though, graphics card, are you using powerstrip or are these resolutions straight from driver software, but most important, the port you are using on the plasma.

3. smargi

smargi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    my computer is connected using DVI to HDMI cable and my video card is ATI X800XT 256MB i'm not using powerstrip...!

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Obviously your card says 1080i is being sent? And at what V-freq? 59.94 works OK, this might or might not upset all the other settings, as they are all mathematically interdependent. As it happens, I doubt even when you've got it sorted there will be any kind of magical picture improvement over 720p. The panel is scaling the signal in both cases, and likely showing a magnificent disregard for normal picture size etc. Can you see the taskbar, or have you already tweaked that to show?

5. smargi

smargi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    one thing i notice is when i try to use the 1080i mode the onscreen display on the plasma says 1125i so i think the card sanding the wrong freq..! is there a way to correct this (maybe with powertrip)...?

6. -Hitman-

-Hitman-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    1125i is the actual amount of lines in the picture, 1080i are the visible lines.

Go into display properties / settings / advanced / monitor and check that it says 60hz for the refresh rate.

If it does say 60hz, select the displays tab (still in advanced) and select the FPD monitor tab and then the troubleshoot tab and tick the 1080i box.

This HDMI input is really a dedicated digital video/audio input so the desktop will not display in full, you will have a desktop that has vertical and horizontal overscan ( 5% missing off screen ).

See if that works.

Are you using a dual monitor setup? If you are i need to know as you will need more information to get this to work!

Let me know!

I use my PC in a dual format monitor config, VGA- VGA port for desktop use (surfing, games) and use the HDMI for a scaled/processed Sky+ feed from the dvi output of the PC.

7. smargi

smargi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i did that tick on the 1080i but still no good the picture is out of sync only 720P work..!

8. -Hitman-

-Hitman-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Please post more information, eg, are you using 2 monitors like me, what exactly is the picture doing, have you tried alternative refresh rates (uncheck - don't display rates not supported by this monitor) what is checked in the settings/advanced/options tab?

What cable are you using?

What exactly are you trying to do using this connection, play video or desktop/web use?

9. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Smargi that 2 monitor thing is pretty critical info, windows treats extended and dual monitors differently.

10. smargi

smargi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i don't use the dual monitor setup the computer is connected to the plasma alone. and for the picture what is doing is that the picture look all out of sync things look double and you just can read anything on the screen i try the 60hz but still no good..!

11. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    OK, well I think you are going to have to install powerstrip to tweak the settings to something usable, if you want to continue with 1080i. TBH if 720p works well, I'd let sleeping dogs lie. There is no great advantage in sending your panel 1080 over 720. Neither are native to the panel. You could spend a few hours on this and see no actual improvement.

12. smargi

smargi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i guess you right about the advantage of the 1080i over the 720p the main reason I want to try this is first to see that every thing is o.k with the plasma and that 1080i is supported.! And about powerstrip what should I do with it and how should I config it...?
    And one more question how should I use the plasma for the first 100hour from what should I avoid doing..?

13. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    1080i is definitely supported, the thing is just fussy as hell about PC signals on HDMI, it was never intended for this. Download and install powerstrip, and largely it's pretty obvious. It enables you to change just about every parameter of the display signal, so enables you to duplicate the output of a DVD player, which is what the plasma is looking for.
    During the 1st 100 hours, youjust need to be a little more careful about static images, and if you are paranoid or have young kids who use the screeen, maybe turn down the brightness and contrast from where you might prefer them.

14. smargi

smargi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    first like to say thanks for the fast reply I will try the powerstrip thing and let you know how it did.!

15. -Hitman-

-Hitman-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    You shouldn't need powerstrip, i have a 435XDE and works perfectly with 1080i @60hz, no problems whatsoever using a radeon card and normal drivers.

What cable are you using from your PC to the media box?

16. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Dr, if the cable works at 720 it will work at 1080. It's not that. Thyere are so many versions of the driver software out there, I think the only way to get consistency, and actually know what you are sending is powerstrip. You are lucky to have had so little hassle.
    And don't forget, smargi, you will need a 50Hz refresh for PAL european video via PC, or the display will judder something chronic. The good Dr's setup is apparently immune to this effect.

17. -Hitman-

-Hitman-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Maw,

You can't display 1080i@50hz as it becomes 1080p and will not display anything, you will need powerstrip to achieve 50hz interlaced by setting a 25hz interlace rate!

With regards to the cable some are not rated to transfer 1080 only 720, it was just a thought to try and find the cause.

True about not suffering from any judder, thats the beauty of Dscaler and its many deinterlacing algorithms to choose from!

Smargi,

What radeon drivers are you using as they could also be the cause, if you can get the latest with only the standard GUI and not the catalyst as i have had problems configuring monitor outputs with the catalyst GUI!

18. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Bandwidth and HDMI:- It aint conforming to HDMI spec if it has HDMI connector on one end and can't carry 1080i. If that's the cause, the cable is out of spec and not fit for purpose. Unlikely. And I'm not really with you on 1080i suddenly becoming 1080p. perhaps an explanation for the benefit of us less knowlegeable forum members would be in order? 25p has the same number of complete frames, but there the connection ends.

19. mine

mine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    maw
    I followed your last posts with immense interest . On the continent of course we deal with the same 50 Hz problems via dvi or hdmi.
    most of the recent so called hd ready displays ! (tft or plasmae) seem not to be able to deliver a stable 50 Hz signal , and sometimes (most of time ?) even convert to standard 60 Hz refresh rates with chronic judder and jerky pans .

even with advanced powerstrip tweakings on a try and error base in front and back porches hell only 1 of 3 displays I tried delivered correct 50 hz
    in the end with its native resolution .

Better experiences in the united kingdom ?
    List of 50 Hz ready displays ? :)

t.i.a.

mine

20. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The Pioneer is one of the relatively few to work at 50Hz. They are now much more prevalent, but there is still only 1 screen for PC use via DVI, ie one that does native res at 50Hz, which is the Pioneer 43MXE1. All others compromise somewhere. Lack of native res is a total showstopper for me with a PC, it defeats the whole object, I can see immediately if a display has 1:1 pixel mapping. The HDMI is a video only port on almost all screens, making PCs tricky to use at all.

Judder wise, I'm pretty convinced that any setup will show judder if doing a 50-60Hz conversion. How a freebie program from the net can have better algorithms than 2.5k of Lumagen is beyond me. I use Dscaler and powerstrip, and PAL judders for me at 60Hz on ANY display, and even more on the XDE cos it processes at 72Hz and judders anyway. However, I have not seen Dr HTPC's setup, he may have found Nirvana, and I wish he'd share all his settings. Not for my commercial interests, I'd never specify a XDE for a PC user, I'd sooner lose the business if they insisted. I don't install incompatible equipment.
    50Hz compatible displays via DVI, at HD res:- Hitachi PD7200, Pioneer f/XDE, Panasonic PV500 series, Fujitsu HHA40, NEC XM3/VR5, forthcoming Samsung we think are about to launch, Panasonic panels (PHD) in September, and if you want native at 50Hz, (and who would not, with a PC) there is just 1 at present as I say.

21. mine

mine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Exactly same experience here , its a pain in the a%& and a total showstopper for me too . Sometimes I have the feeling I am on a crusade, a soloist
    crusade , cause none of the "so called german publications" even mentions the problem.
    and right - I wrote the same in a german forum....pal will judder with 60 Hz ...always.

thank you for this contribution , one of the most instructive I read so far
    and totally in congruence with my findings.

ahhh... wait any experience with one of the TFTTVs ??????

greetings from black forest
    mine

**and b.t.w...

to find a dealer like you here in germany ....... hard job ...