434HDE Video Dropout

KelvinHT

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm getting video dropout will playing on my Xbox and while Watching R1 DVD's via RGB 525i

anyone seen this ?

Video dropout on the 434 is a known problem solved by a replacement media box.

Speak to your dealer or Pioneer UK to get this sorted...

JJ

Thanks Jason, I have placed a call with Pioneer about this, its only 2 months old that call :(

What is video dropout?
Is it when the screen goes black for a few seconds???
That happens sometimes when I am playing PS2 @ 525i on my 504hde... Should I contact pioneer for replacement?

Cheers

Thanks a lot... Reply much appreciated...

I found the customer relations phone number [01753 789500] on the pioneer website...
I will try ringing it tomorrow; hopefully it should be easier and more quickly resolved than emailing them.

I suspect that the problem is only with Input 1 Scart as I had no problem with DVD player in Input 2 scart and no problem with input 3 component. I will use the ps2 in input 2 until the replacement comes then...

remember the scart 2 is only S-video & comp not RGB, I have the problem on both scart 1 & 3 using RGB

Originally posted by Singh
Thanks a lot... Reply much appreciated...

I found the customer relations phone number [01753 789500] on the pioneer website...
I will try ringing it tomorrow; hopefully it should be easier and more quickly resolved than emailing them.

They will tell you to go through your dealer, which is what you need to do. I had mine replaced a couple of weeks ago - no dropouts since!

I too get dropouts while playing Xbox on RGB 3. I had my Media Box replaced and it still does it.

In fact I'm sure its taking longer and longer to switch inputs, when that was supposed to reduce the effect - very annoying.

How often do you guys experience dropouts?
Because its happened to me about 5 times within 3 months... I am reconsidering whether its worth the hassle and I don't wanna risk getting a worse media box like Beefer has got... as I don't really use the scarts that often anyway... (still got an ariel hooked up to it with just the 5 terrestrial channels... lol... time to get sky) but i suppose when I get sky i will be screwed... damn... I think it might be worth waiting a little while as scart is not entirely important to me... as long as the dvd player works through component, i'm happy :D
Then i'll go for a new one in a couple of months, hopefully the media boxes would be better by then.

I get my drop outs mostly when playing the Xbox, usally twice during a hours play. At the weekend was the first time I played a NTSC disc for the full running length of the film and had 2 drop outs.

Sky would not be a problem Singh, as it will run a 625i not the problematic 525i, I have sky & freeview and do not get a drop out

KelvinHT,

If you wait long enough you can get dropouts on everything! I've had it on inputs 1 (NTL digi) and 3 (DVD), both via SCART, with 625i and 525i material.

My first replacement box didn't help. I'm awaiting another replacement.

Si

I too had drop outs when I first had the screen in November, you need to have the software on the media box uprgaded to prevent this.

A change of media box will not guarantee the latest software which fixes the problem. Your best bet is to get in contact with pioneer and get an engineer out to install the latest software.

This worked for me and have had no drop outs since November.

Yeah I tried that, but Pio (in Ireland at least) were denying there was an official "problem" last time I heard. They supposedly didn't know anything about software upgrades.

In any case, the replacement I'm waiting for is a new shipment, and I assume they're not still shipping faulty units.

Si

just had this from Pioneer

Hi,

Thanks for the hyperlink......we are aware of all the AV Forums, but we are waiting for the factory response to the question.

Regards.
Customer Relations.

Well I think I will contact them about this too, because if enough of us notify them of the problem, they *should* accept that they have screwed up, making the problem official and hopefully they should get it sorted quickly for everyone who is experiencing the problem.

So does/will pioneer replace the media box or does the shop you bought it from do it???

Is there any way in checking that the replacement media box would have the new firmware (serial number or something)???

I think the build date on the back will do it, mine is a Oct 03. I recieved the 434 Mid Jan 04

build date: november 2003
bought it on new years eve

The 2004 ones must be all good, whilst the 2003 ones have the problems.

Got a Pioneer Eng coming round tomorrow with a beta software release for the 525i RGB video drop out problem.

That could be interesting.

Hope they do something about the fan noise aswell.

Fan Noise ? havent heard that yet.

On mine its like a drone that gets loader the hotter the room gets. Bit like the xbox but slightly softer and muffled.

Are you using the Microsoft Advanced SCART lead? I've noticed that other leads don't perform as well as the Microsoft lead. Also, some DVD players have poor control of the output, which again can lead to drop outs. It's a problem which is becoming more common as manufacturers shave pennies off the cost of DVD players etc.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

hi, yes I'm using the the MS cable & I'm using a Pioneer DVD player and it happens with both units in the same video mode RGB 525i

What was the outcome from the Engineer visit KelvinHT?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom