1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

434, Is It As Good As They Say???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by JohnnyBoy69, Dec 9, 2003.

1. JohnnyBoy69

JohnnyBoy69
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Im thinking about swaping my pioneer 433 MXE for the new 434 HDE but just wanted to get a few opinions on it from people who have seen it set up properly with good quality connections before i take the plunge and buy it.

So heres my questions:

1) Is it really as good as all the magazine reviews are saying it is?

2)What are the advantages of HDMI over a good quality progressive scan dvd

3) Whats the best way to hook up a sky/ntl digital box to a plasma: scart, q sync or another way?

If its any help my viewing is split pretty evenly between sports (for me) and tv soaps (for the missus) with a healthy does of dvd films and a bit of x box action thrown in for good measure.

Seems like theres a fair few people out there who own or have seen the 434HDE in action so im hoping to get some helpful advice

Thanks for you help

2. Billilu

Billilu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Johnny Boy, try doing a few searches (top right hand corner) to see whether your questions have been answered previously (which they mostly have) in the past few weeks - or go through some of the old threads on this forum on pages 2 to infinity. There have been a lot of threads about the 434 over the last few weeks, so you should find a lot of info and opinions there. Before I started posting regularly on here, I found out a huge amount using the search options.