1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

434 control setting query

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by reckless, Sep 11, 2004.

1. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Sorry to open another 434 setting thread but I haven't been able to see an answer anywhere to this particular query.

Is there a setting on the 434 that automatically adjusts the picture brightness/contrast according to the level of light in the room?

I ask because I went to see my mate's new 434 yesterday and whilst I've never been overly impressed with the black on there, it seemed ok until the lights were switched off when it just seemed to me as thought the brightness of the screen went up.

I appreciate this may simply be my eyes adjusting to the difference in light level in the room but it was particularly noticeable and reminded me of the auto setting on my sony widescreen which adjusted the contrast etc according to the light level of the room. I had a quick look through the menu but couldn't see any setting like that. Anyone know if the set has this function or was it simply my eyes. (I had a panny and the difference didn't seem that much between daytime and nightime viewing).

2. Prodigal

Prodigal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am pretty sure there is NO sensor built in 434 to check the room's light level and auto adjusting the settimg, and you feel the black level changes ( or becomes darker ) is entirely due to the ambient light was present, and as you said this coule be your eyes were making the adjustments as this is explained in DVE too, as certain amount of ambient light can help to reduce the strain of our eyes while watching the movies in dark environment for long hours, also as you have noticed that this can "increase" the black level and contrast as well.

3. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Cheers, just wanted to be sure. Thanks for the input.