1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

434/435/504/505 Cables Used - Bristol Show

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Costas, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    During yesterday's visit I stopped at the WireWord Cable Technology stand.
    I wanted to ask more details on their HDMI cable and a review they have placed on their internet site against the Molex cable, the one that was first available when the Pioneer 434 plasma and 868 DVD player was released.

I told that that my 434 is still connected through the Molex HDMI cable to the 868. On the contrary one of my friends has changed to the £130 Wireworld Ultraviolet HDMI cable (the mid between the Starlight and Chroma versions) but there is no significance difference to our eyes.

By the way there was a sign on their stand saying that Pioneer in their location at the same show are using Wireworld cables.

The guy then told me that you should really see a more three dimensional image but if it is a really good DVD like Lord of the Rings it will be hard to see something..... BECAUSE for Pioneer what you really MUST change is the DVD-D cable that is commecting the media box the screen! Well a very interesting point that unfortunately we could not demonstrate there.

Has anyone tried that?

I went and mentioned it to Pioneer downstairs and checked what they were using. Yes, they were using the ultraviolet HDMI cable from Wireworld to connect the 868 to the media box BUT between the media box and the plasma the normal cable supplied (the dual Pioneer one that also carries the control cable) was used. They could not give me any other input than perhaps it might do something but we never...tried..

2. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Anyone guys?