• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

433MXE power supply failed, should I just skip it?

consciouspnm

Standard Member
The power supply has failed on my 433mxe, Pioneer only supply parts to authorised servcie agents and they can change what they like for labour, so the approximate cost to fix it will be £350.

Should I just bin it?
Is it worth repairing?
Does anyone have a source for power supply boards?

consciouspnm

Standard Member
As a follow up question, what should I replace it with?

A

a-team2007

As a follow up question, what should I replace it with?
hi i repair pioneer's for a living if you ring pioneer direct to report the problem then should pay for parts and labour because ther is is a problem with those power supply so kick up a bit of fuss ang get it fixed for free hope this helps

consciouspnm

Standard Member
Do you have any internal service documents to prove this. Pioneer say there is no known problem.

churchwa

Novice Member
It is a very well known problem, i cant believe that hey are saying that. Ask to talk to one of their managers. Their PSU's came with a lifetime warranty because of it i think.

P

Pioneer Man

churchwa and a-team2007

Hello, there are issues covered by a service bulletin on the 502MXE and 433/505HDE but there are no issues covered by a bulletin on the 433MXE.

Pioneer wont supply parts of this nature to just anyone because it is tricky to install one without destroying the plasma or killing yourself....

consciouspnm;

I would get it fixed, but it is up to you...

consciouspnm

Standard Member
It will cost around £350 to get it fixed, although it's a £3500 plasma, I wouldn't have thought it was worth more than the repair cost now.

MrAnderson69uk

MrAnderson69uk

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom