1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

433mxe (433cmx) and HDMI

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by klnc, Mar 2, 2005.

1. klnc

klnc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Having been away for a while, I'm a bit out of the loop, but can anyone can confirm whether there is any way to receive an an HDMI or DVI HDCP signal on my 433mxe (is that the 3rd gen version - bought april 2003). I've been looking at the aurora 500F, but that only appears to be a pluggin for the 4g.

Does this mean I need to get a 4g with the 500F, or alternatively the XDE model I suppose. I noticed the new denon a1xv came out recently, but that's not going to be much help if i can't receive an HDCP signal on the display. At the moment just thinking ahead re sky HD and HD DVD... I think I've read that even a decent external scaler that would accept HDCP input wouldn't convert it to analog component for my existing set-up? Am I stuck?

It seems a shame as i bought the 433mxe thinking it was slightly future proof as it could handle an XGA signal... sigh

As always, many thanks....

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,463
    klnc

There is a Plug in card from Aurora for your 433MXE - though it involves A/D conversion onboard the card so not 'true' Digital connectivity.

There are box's that will strip the HDCP code from HDMI equipped sources - obviously frowned upon by the powers that be but they do exist!

I'd definitely advocate an external Video Processor (Lumagen being a firm favourite) - this will make a big difference with all of your video sources.

Best regards

Joe

3. klnc

klnc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Joe thanks...

Just to be clear, i take what you mean about an external scaler being superior and having more practical use than an internal card, but even an external scaler wouldn't help me with getting an HDCP signal onto my 433mxe as the existing DVI on the PDA5002 is non HDCP compliant.

To be honest, i'm thinking more about the future here for developments such as HDTV and HDDVD, which require HDCP. Had a look at the aurora a304, which seems to fit the bill in terms of providing such a DVI (HDCP) input.

Am I right in thinking I would need both this card and a scaler such as the Lumagen to be "future proof"?

thanks again...

4. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Joe,

As the Aurora A304-HDCP card has been mentioned above, can you confirm if it will accept 720p and 1080i @50Hz via the DVI input? If not, it looks like my MXE isn't as future-proofed as I had thought.

Steve

5. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ditto Dutch's comment :( if the case

Gary

6. Easy2BCheesy

Easy2BCheesy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bumping this thread - do we have any confirmation now as to whether the Aurora A304-HDCP will handle 50Hz signals at HD resolutions?

7. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,463
    Hello all

The info I have from the European distributor is that the Aurora A304-HDCP Card is NOT compatible with 720P at 50Hz via YUV or DVI; I'd imagine the same is true with 1080i at 50Hz.

Best regards

Joe

PS And no I have no idea when the fabled TVP-500F will appear in Europe :devil: