1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

433MXE-1 questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by oaklandraiders, Jul 29, 2004.

1. oaklandraiders

oaklandraiders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yo

I've read various threads, but still confused. Just trying to get all answers in one place

So its not HDCP compliant, but if someone brings out a card that is, will this be able to plug into 433 and make it compliant ?

If I get BNC board(5003) can this take component straight out of a dvd player, the 5 plugs confuse me, are 5 for RGB with sync but use only 3 for component ?

Does the old Aurora input card work with this model ?

Can I plug SKY+ RGB scart converted through box to vga into input 1 ?

Iscan HD would make it all much easier or still HDCP issues ?

Can a pc plug straight into DVI or still HDCP issues ?

Thanks and if anyone wants to PM me with quotes with 5003 board and table top stand, feel free !

Thanks

John

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    John,

I assume you mean the 43MXE1, not the older 433MXE.

The A303-HDCP and newer A304-HDCP cards from Aurora will fit the 43MXE1 using an adapter due to the wider slot used. The brand new TVP-500F card includes 2 HDMI inputs, which are HDCP compatible. The PDA-5003 board can take component or RGBHV using 3 or 5 connections as you suspected. Sky+ will connect fine to input 1 using an RGB to VGA converter and a PC will connect just fine to the DVI input. ;) Hope this helps.

Steve

3. oaklandraiders

oaklandraiders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    YO

Corrected to 43MXE-1
    Thanks
    John

4. oaklandraiders

oaklandraiders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yo

Just to make it clearer on the pc connection, that would be to play back DVD's, so does HDCP come into play(no idea what it does really)
    To connect a DVD player using DVI/HDMI then it needs to be able to disable HDCP

Thanks

John

5. oaklandraiders

oaklandraiders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
  6. oaklandraiders

oaklandraiders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yo Mods

Could you change the thread title to 43MXE-1 questions

Thanks

John

7. oaklandraiders

oaklandraiders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yo

Another question !
    Is the charcoal finish similar or same as Panasonics ?

John

8. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    HDCP protects hi-def material from copying. Your PC's output is not an issue in this regard. PCs don't have HDCP on there outputs, so if the DVI on the plasma would only accept an HDCP signal, then no one would be able to connect their PC to it! The plasma's electronics don't know that you're playing a DVD on the computer - it just knows that it's receiving PC graphics at e.g. 1280 x 768 at 50/60 Hz.

9. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The charcoal is not as dark as panasonics. Bit 'brown/grey in fact. This is probably the plasma of choice for HCPC use, unless you can find a bit more dosh for the PHD6 panny, which is the same res, darker blacks, HDCP compliant DVI, but with ISSUES. I suppose it's cheaper after you take the aurora card into account.

10. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,465
    oaklandraiders

The NEW Aurora Cards have still to arrive and be tested in Europe so its all theory for now!

The cards are designed to fit in the expansion slot of the G3 chassis (MXE) and when you want to use them in the G4 (MXE1) chassis you use an additional adapter supplied by Aurora.

The key difference between the old (A304-HDCP ) and the NEW (TVP-500F) cards being that the old card had to convert Digital signals to analogue before handing the signal over to the displays electronics; this does NOT happen in the NEW card which is all Digital.

HDCP is invoked in a DVD player when you try to play a copy protected disc - 'flags' (contained on the dics) that normally invoke macro vision are used to trigger the HDCP encoding; if you play a non copy protected disc (AVIA for example) in the same player HDCP is not activated.

Once the player activates HDCP the Display device must 'handshake' with the correct digiatl 'key' before you get a full resolution full colour image - otherwise you may get no image or a postage stamp Black & White image.

If the HDCP enabled Display is fed non HDCP material into its DVI or HDMI port it will work as normal and HDCP is not an issue.

Pioneer chose not to include HDCP compatibility in the PDA-5003 and 5004 Video cards to avoid paying a 14% surcharge now levied by the EU on all HDCP enabled Displays.

Trust this helps.

Joe

11. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,465
    oaklandraiders

The rest of your questions:

PDA-5003 - you use 3,4 or 5 of the BNC connectors and set the Display menu to Input YUV (3), RGBS(4) or RGBHV (5).

SCART RGB to VGA - as long as a PDA-5003 or PDA-5004 are fitted you can Input RGBHV at Video level (15.6 kHz); without the cards you can only Input RGBHV at PC levels (30kHz and above).

DVDO iScanHD - this unit cant process an HDCP or an HD Input signal so possibly of limited use if you plan to keep it for a while and use it with new sources such as SKY HD (720P).

Look at alternatives from Lumagen or possibly hold out until DVDO bring out the next version of the iScan processor which will (I believe) process HD.

Quotation - I'll PM you!

Best regards

Joe

12. oaklandraiders

oaklandraiders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yo

Thanks for all the answers. I'll look forward to your quote Joe.
    I explained all to the GF last night, of course she only likes the 434 because of the shiny gloss black, when I told her this ones a different color ! Its got to match or something ! Anyway we(I) wont worry about such things.

Drove past a shop with the 434 last night, popped in for another look, they had freeview connected and it was a very nice picture, I 'd be happy watching sky, so that gives it another thumbs up. Using the 434 as guide for MXE, assuming its at least equal and hopefully a touch better.

John

13. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,465
    oaklandraiders

The bezel on the MXE1 is easily removed and a professional paint job in any colour you fancy will cost you less than £100 - I guess that's an acceptable amount for domestic harmony :)

Back to you ASAP - two Displays still to prep for this weekends deliveries!

Best regards

Joe