1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

433HDE v Fuji HHA42 using sky+

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by modeller, Mar 7, 2003.

1. modeller

modeller
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just got back from 7oaks looking at the Pioneer and Fuji using a sky+ feed.

Pioneer RGB Scart into tuner box
    Fuji RGB->Component

Watched a mixture of sky movies and BBC1 (In Deep) from the sky box as it is our primary source.

Verdict, Pioneer more watchable, fewer artifacts, far less solarisation. I found the Fuji brutal on this source. Comment from 7oaks was that the Fuji was better on DVD material, though I didn't verify this.

The smaller Fuji is behaving in a similar way to the HCA50 that I viewed earlier in the week.

2. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Now I am confused, here I am waiting months until FJ dain to allow one of these screens out to suppliers and when they finally get here they are not as good as I hoped.

Srooks,
    I am a little surprised by your findings and until your comments had almost considered ordering without seeing a proper head to head !
    When I viewed a 4242 against the Pion HDE, I actually thought there were more artifacts from the pioneer in movement shots.
    I thought the 4242 was slightly better, but I did not buy because the 4242 seemed too soft at the edges, even when sharpness was turned up.
    Anyway thanks for the warning, maybe I should try and catch a bargain price 4242 quickly before they disappear.
    Steve

3. modeller

modeller
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    steve,

I'm just as disappointed, believe me. Joe has just posted comments about the HHS442.

Remember I was viewing sky, which has its own demands.

The worst thing about the Fuji was solarisation - it just didn't appear to have enough colours. Panning movement also looked poor.