1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

433 MXE or 42WP27 ( noise and ... )

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by LeonidS, Apr 19, 2003.

1. LeonidS

LeonidS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I know I am not the first ( probably not last as well ) who narrowed their choice to 433 MXE and Panny.

I have read most of the threads about the subject, have spent some time at Nexnix but still not sure what to choose.

I want to place an order after Easter so I have long weekend to make a decision.

I am concerned about noise issue. It seems all people say that they don;t here fans on Pio but is this really the case. I am really fed up with the fan on my PC so would like to have silent screen.

The other question is it worth paying 500 extra for extra inch in Pio ( which is actually good to have ) becuase opinions about PQ really split.

For Toshiba I will get 2 years warranty which is obviously a plus as well ... so I am really thinking more about Panny/Toshiba but buzz issue is important for me - I have just sent back my 36 inch TV because of buzz ( or maybe the reason was to get plasma - :) ).

Thanks to everybody in advance.

2. dave.ads

dave.ads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 433-MXE and have never ever heard the fans at all. I dont think they have ever kicked in and I have had it for 5 months.

The screen front only ever gets warm and the back is always cooler than my old CRT was. We normally have it on for about 4 to 5 hours a night. It is screwed pretty close to the wall on its bracket so the air gap at the back is quite small. All the temperatures are about the same as my Iiyama LCD PC monitor.

If you turn off all audio and put your ear right next to the screen you can hear some electronic buzz which I had never noticed until I went to check out how loud the screen was a couple of minutes ago before posting this reply.

If you are bothered about the price have you considered the Hitachi 42PMA400E? I have a workmate who has one and the picture is just as good as mine, but you can hear the fans, but only just. hopefully he may post his point of view (are you listening ATS)

Cheers Dave.

3. bob5

bob5
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my pioneer 433mxe from nexnix and the fans have never come on(as far as I know)!!
    bob5

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,592
    Leonids

If your concerned about any annoying buzzing produced by a display then the Pioneer PDP-433MXE is the model for you - and the extra inch also works as a plus point for me!

The Pioneer display has two temperature controlled fans that will never be on as long as you have the display in a ventilated room - most, if not all, of our customers will never have heard the fans running.

Best regards

Joe