4306 - nice sound when u can get it..

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Moceanman, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Moceanman

Moceanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    newbie (sorry, coz this problem likely isn't maybe so new...)

I have been trawling thru many forums et al trying to resolve this before I felt the need to write in here. Which incidentally is by far the best forum / source for AV I hv found, so well done Stuart and company.

I bought my new gear fm UK to Angola with me (didn't have time to check it all out, yes I know..). AVR4306 / Panasonic EXR 95 DVD / HDD / VHS and Mon Audio RS8 fronts plus the other 4 Silver RS spkrs / Tosh 32 LD TV.

Connects are :-
    Local Set top Satellite box <-> DVD (scart scart),
    DVD <-> AVR 4306 (HDMI)
    AVR 4306 <-> TV (HDMI)

Been setting it up over the last week or so, and been trying many settings, generally happy when its going BUT;

Big problem, when turning on, I get no sound for about 10 / 15 minutes then it just pops in. I can get video on the TV thru HDMI, but no sound (not even on tuner). :eek:

Any ideas please ?

BTW I can heartily recommend the Ruckus access point / adaptor as a link from the RJ45 jack on the AVR4306 to the PC for internet music / set up etc, works well even if manual a bit iffy and it's also proving a bit difficult to secure the wireless on the access point...

Havent quite understood how to stream music from my PC onto the AVR via this yet though..

Cheers Paul.

2. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,071
    Have you tried completely resetting the unit and starting from scratch again?

3. Moceanman

Moceanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, no I had not, I will give that a try....

Rgds Paul

4. Moceanman

Moceanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All, Well I had the time to reinitialise the unit, I also went thru all the spkr connects, sadly no change. However, I hv narrowed it down a little as it seems that either I was wrong before, or something has changed as the Tuner now comes on straight away. No change though with the sound for the DVD (HDMI) and CD (Digital Coax) they still take 10 minutes or more to pop in.

Paul

5. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    is Angola on a very high above sea level type thing? could be pressure causing the equipment not to work very well......

just a thought....

6. Moceanman

Moceanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. We are in fact at sea level, and whilst tropical and hot here, the kit is in an air conditioned environment.

Rgds Paul

7. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +180
    The Scart to HDMI conversion via the DVD doesn't seem like the best idea in the world to me and I'd be very suprised if it worked (analog / digital conversion and all that).

I assum you are saying you get no sound at thru the amp not matter what the source (inc. radio tuner, if indeed it has one) ?

8. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Very simply, you appear to have a faulty unit. There is no logical explanation why you would have a delay in sound. Your options are limited but I would consider asking Denon if the problem is a known fault. If you are lucky it will be and they can advise you of the fix so you can do it locally.

9. Moceanman

Moceanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks yr assistance. I am newbie, not only to the forum but also to things HDMI. What proposal would you have for the connection set up

Currently - from my set top box (Satellite recveiver - isnt that digital ? guess not) -> Panasonic DMR EX95 DVD player / recorder (currently SCART -> SCART) then from DVD to 43096 is HDMI.

:rolleyes: hmm I have just spotted something now.... I also have an RF feed from the STB into the DVD and I think that it is maybe this that is running the signal thru the DVD back into the 4306.... urm....

By the way the tuner does seem to come on immediately. I need to review the CD player's rapidity again... (busy time...)

10. Clsmooth391

Clsmooth391

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Hi, I had the same problem with a Pioneer amp. I called the retailer who confirmed that it was definitely a fault on the amp. They had to change the mainboard on mine though but fortunately I was covered under the warranty. I hope it's not as serious for you.