• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

4306 and two subs

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
Is it possible to run two subs on the 4306?

If so what would I need to do that?

Will they continue to run the same or will the information sent to each be half?

Cable Monkey

Prominent Member
The best way to do this is using a sub with low level inputs and outputs. Take the sub-out (or pre-out with stereo) into the first sub. Run the second sub off the output of the first sub. My B&W sub allows for this type of connection. Alternatively use a splitter cable out of the back of the amp, this will also work well.

Cable Monkey

Prominent Member
You shouldn't have! The auto setup should iron out the lumps, the gain of the subs will need to be a little higher as the signal is split but that will be compensated for by virtue of the fact there are 2 of them.

Jase

Distinguished Member
Ideally they'd be the same distance, if not, then give the auto setup a whirl and see what it comes back with.

Cable Monkey

Prominent Member
I would have thought Audessy was clever enough to sort multiple subs out and provide a smooth response.

J

jackal

Is it possible to run two subs on the 4306?

If so what would I need to do that?

Will they continue to run the same or will the information sent to each be half?

Russell the easiest way is with a phono splitter. My Denon at least will send a full range signal to a split phono connection (I use a Chord male to two female phono cable). As regards, Audyssey I found that it was better to just eq the one sub and then send that signal to the second and make manual adjustments if necessary. It is a shame that Denon didn't include the multiple sub aspect of the A1 lower down as many of us have two subwoofers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom