43" TV for the bedroom? £300 to £350 budget

Ice_Black

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a decent 43" TV for the bedroom to hang on the chimney breast. I will be watching TV from my bed (opposite of TV).

I don't play games, so it needs to be decent quality for Freesat and HD quality from Plex and Netflix. SD quality should look great too.

My budget is £300 to £350.

I am considering SAMSUNG UE43TU7100KXXU but it is slightly over my budget but it is fine. Good pick? or is there a better TV with the same/samilar price range?

Last edited:
You won’t get HDR from a 43” so it doesn’t matter too much what you buy. Look at models with narrow viewing angles
Are you looking for a built in Freesat tuner?

You won’t get HDR from a 43” so it doesn’t matter too much what you buy. Look at models with narrow viewing angles
Are you looking for a built in Freesat tuner?

A Freesat tuner would be nice to have.

Probably one of the LG/Samsung models in the low tier section. But beware the quality of smaller TVs is generally poor, with HDR in particular being a no-go without picture issues on smaller TVs.

This LG has Freesat and in budget with 5 yr warranty

Or a few quid more, you’d need to compare specs for differences

Look like 48" size come after 43" - will 48" work for me?

TV will be mounted on the chimney breast wall. It will be 3 meters distance from a chimney breast to bed (watching from straight angle)

I’d say at 3m, you’ll be fine, could even go bigger for HDR material...but a £300 49” will have the same inherent issues with quality as a £300 43”

I can't go any bigger. The width of a chimney breast is 56"

Which TV would you go for 49” or 50"?

I had a look at the @Dodgexander Guide and it mentioned that Sony 49XH8505 for Mid tier and Samsung 50TU7020 for Low tier

Im increasing my budget to around £500

I won't be playing games, mainly watch on FreeSat, Youtube, Plex, Netflix. I don't watch sport. I like TV depth narrow, not bulky as I will be mounting on the wall.

Mid tier is recommended if you want the TV to have better motion. Low tier is similar to mid with picture quality otherwise.

I've decided to go with Low tier.

I might go with Samsung 50TU7020 or LG 50UN7400

Which one is better?

It is not clear if Samsung 50TU7020 has a Freesat tuner, I can't find any information.

@Dodgexander I want to ask, is this mistake from your best value guide?

You have LG 49UN7300 for wider viewing angles but LG 50UN7300 for narrow viewing angles.

Both are the same model but different sizes.

I've decided to go with Low tier.

I might go with Samsung 50TU7020 or LG 50UN7400

Which one is better?

It is not clear if Samsung 50TU7020 has a Freesat tuner, I can't find any information.
No it doesn’t at least according to the John Lewis full spec

@Dodgexander I want to ask, is this mistake from your best value guide?

You have LG 49UN7300 for wider viewing angles but LG 50UN7300 for narrow viewing angles.

Both are the same model but different sizes.
They have different panel type. 49 is IPS (wider angles, poorer blacks), 50 is VA (narrow angles, better in dark viewing environment)

@Ice_Black look at the link I posted with the Samsung models to compare tuners:

Variations:
TU7002 : DVB-T/T2/C
TU7102 : DVB-T/T2/C / Google / Alexa
TU7122 : DVB-T/T2/C / Google / Alexa
TU7172 : DVB-T/T2/C/S/S2 / Google / Alexa

The TU7020 is a regional variant of the TU7002 and lacks a Sat tuner (indicated by S2). The TU71xx models should have one, as well as the even higher numbers.

There's no mistake, at 50" all TVs use VA panels, even LGs. Their TVs at 49" use IPS though.

Regarding which is better between an LG and Samsung 50" its really hard to tell. I'd say the smart TV of the LG TVs are better, but some people prefer Samsung. Picture quality will be very similar, but the Samsung will have the edge with its accuracy out of the box, which you may prefer if you don't want to pay for pro calibration.

Thanks for the help guys.

I've ordered Sony 49XH8505 with 5 years warrenty.

Which mount do you recommend? There is a socket on the wall and cable/adapter should be hidden behind tv.

Which mount do you recommend? There is a socket on the wall and cable/adapter should be hidden behind tv.
Any will be fine, just match up the VESA hole spacing of the TV with the mount you buy. Make sure the mount supports the weight of the TV.

TV arrived today and then switched on the TV... This is what I see 😞
20210420_214820.jpg

What the hell?? I am going to have to ring Martin Dawes tomorrow

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom