Answered 43 inch UHD TV for caravan

Barnyg

Standard Member
What's the best 43 inch UHD TV at the moment. This is the max size suitable for my van. It must have Freesat for when family are using it and my Sky Q box is at home.
I've been looking at the Samsung UE43NU7400 and the LG43UK6950.
Any other recommendations.
Thanks

Dodgexander

There aren't many TVs that are both small and have freesat so the two you have mentioned are probably your only options.

The Samsung there is a small chance you get a VA type panel on the TV which is better for picture quality, but worse with viewing angles. It also has better colours than the LG, but only with a HDR source.

The LG on the other hand definitely uses an IPS type panel with wide viewing angles (if you need them), an extra HDMI port, better legacy connections than the Samsung with both component and composite supported.

Both have good smart TV platforms, most people prefer LGs.

The LG model is one of many with identical picture quality with similar model numbers, only need to go fro the UK69xx model if you want the point and squirt LG Magic remote.

There is also a Samsung model range starting with 43NU70xx that keep the freesat tuner but lack a wide colour gamut. If you can find this cheaper and don't use HDR on the TV, it could be better value.

More about viewing angles here: Which panel type should I choose for my TV?

& Freesat compatible TVs here: Freesat - Televisions - buy a Freesat enabled TV online

Barnyg

Standard Member
Thanks for the quick response. I thought there wasn't a great selection at that size. I use LG at home so I'm leaning to that anyway. I'll pay a visit to Curries or Richer Sounds to have a look at them. Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom