43 inch Sony advice...

Mikejackalope

Novice Member
Hi all,

We are looking for a good quality 43 inch TV preferably with voice control. We found that the last 3 years Bravia models- KD43XE8004 in 2017, the XE last year and the XG this year. The prices we can find are 460, 600 and 650.

What is the main difference between these, is there a justification for spending the extra for the newer one? Also, if anyone has any other suggestions for an alternative tv with voice control for general viewing, please let us know.

Thanks in advance

Mike.

Dodgexander

Not good choices sub 55" now, at 43" TVs are especially poor if you want a TV that has good contrast, blacks and screen uniformity.

The only recommendation I make at this size is the Hisense A series but it almost certainly has no voice control.

Compared to the Sony it costs a fraction of the price and will have better picture quality too. You could pair one with a Roku to get Voice control for smart TV.

In particular I don't recommend Sony models because they are all using IPS type panels which make for poorer overall picture quality unless you need wide viewing angles. They also run android TV which is the worst smart TV operating system in terms of speed, intuitiveness and ease of use.

(and I say this as an android phone owner and fanboy).

psychopomp1

OP,
See my Sony XG8396 thread here for image quality on the 43" Sony:
Sony KD XG8396 Owners and Discussion Thread

My 43" XG8396 is as good as my 42" Pioneer Kuro Plasma TV for blacks, contrast and the "natural-ness" of picture. I wouldn't worry too much about Android OS - the latest Android Oreo 8 running on my XG8396 is smooth as a baby's bottom. This is coming from an iOS fan :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

42-inch LG C2 OLED Review, DIY TV Calibration + Turntables for under £500 + AV/Hi-Fi News & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom