43 inch Smart TV for my parents

Luna81

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm looking for a 43 inch smart TV for my parents. My mum is bed bound and it's her only joy and theirs has just broken.

My budget is £250
I wanted 4k and for it to be as good as I can get. They watch Netflix, Disney+, freeview.

I was looking at these ones:

Hisense 43A6BGTUK (43 Inch) 4K UHD Smart TV

Amazon product ASIN B09ZPWXC2Y

Hisense Roku 43 Inch R43A7200GTUK Smart 4K LED Freeview TV

Hisense 43A6BGTUK 4K UHD Smart TV

Amazon product ASIN B09ZPWXC2Y

Are any of these good please? I'd like the colours to be bright and good and clear, sound reasonable as I would be okay getting a sound bar at some point. Looking to get this TV this week as they currently have none.

Thank you for any help.

The only small TV that is worth getting over others is the 42" LG C2 OLED, it's unfortunately well over budget.

All the other TVs are bottom level quality, so I'd just get whatever is the cheapest.

Thank you for your reply. Are there any TVs at all that are good for £250?

And is the Roku one a worse idea than just the normal hisense as I do want to be able to put other apps on the TV as well.

Thank you for your time.

Good, no. But with your budget the Roku one would probably be the best bet as it's pretty snappy & easy to use.

Are you certain about 43 inches? Your mum will struggle to see the image from bed I'm afraid if you choose this size.

Do you not remember how small CRT tvs were? Never seemed to moan about the 14" VHS combi in my bedroom.

Bigger is of course better, but 43 inches is not that bad. Granted, 55" TVs are not much more expensive and better suited for sure.

Never heard of ifFalcon TV before. Seems like it might be a 'badged ' import probably with very little in the way of support. There are suggestions that it might be a lower end TCL. I'd stick with brands that you know. In the end you get what you pay for and a number of comments highlight poor response from the remote and indifferent sound.

Last edited:
Yeah, skip the ifFalcon. Stick to budget brands with a decent reputation as suggested like TCL and Hisense.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom