Question 43" 4k TV

michaelro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So despite no real need for a new tv, my 6 yr old 40" Samsung is serving me well, Im still tempted by a new tv.
My unit will only support a 43" and not looking to wall mount and have budget around £400
Annoyingly the majority of stands look awful and leave no space for roku or nvida shield to go as no space under unit.
Of the ones I've seen and considering are

LG 43UK6750PLD
Samsung UE43NU7400

Help please :)

I wouldn’t bother upgrading unless you can to 49” at least.

What model is your current TV? 6 years ago they were making higher quality models at smaller sizes than they do now.

Is it just the feet of a TV that prevents you from fitting a larger one or is the entire size?

What model is your current TV? 6 years ago they were making higher quality models at smaller sizes than they do now.

Is it just the feet of a TV that prevents you from fitting a larger one or is the entire size?

Samsung LE40C580
Its not top end but has done me fine and didn't break the bank at the time.

Depends on the feet, but not really keen on having a tv wider than the unit
Actually looking at a wider tv unit now

Samsung LE40C580
Its not top end but has done me fine and didn't break the bank at the time.

Depends on the feet, but not really keen on having a tv wider than the unit
Actually looking at a wider tv unit now
I'm not sure when you bought the TV but that model is a little more than 6 years old. A 2010 model from a quick google.

However, I think you'll be surprised by how well it holds up today against TVs at similar sizes. A newer TV has the ability to better it if the source quality is good enough, but your existing TV is probably suited more to watching content that isn't the best quality yet, eg freeview SD TV channels.

To replace it, going bigger is always a good idea as there is generally a lot better value options as you go higher up in size. With a limited budget though then your options are quite limited.

At 43" the best bet right now is the Hisense A series but at 50" there are a lot of other options that open up from various manufacturers.

All recommendations are in the guide here: My best value TVs, 2018-2019 Edition

For reference your current TV uses a VA type panel, so you are best looking at the models in the guide listed with better contrast, blacks but narrower viewing angles, that is, unless you have a sudden need for wider vieiwng angles than your current TV.

Thanks
Thinking about it, it probably is about 8-9 years old lol
Generally consuming content from Netflix, Nowtv and Xbox.
Dont have loads of people watching so VA is probably a better bet, will look
Appreciate the assistance

Now TV is still 720p but at nominal viewing distances you may get away with that not looking so bad on a smaller UHD TV.

Netflix and Xbox should be an improvement on a newer model.

Since you have an Xbox you should look at models with a wide colour gamut if possible. At 50" the Samsung 50NU7400 and Hisense 50U7A are the two best options for this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom