Question 43" 4k TV advice, please?

Since the TV lacks high peak brightness and good local dimming I would probably buy a Panasonic UHD Blu-Ray player since then you can use its tone mapping to remove high brightness HDR data and compress it down more to the levels capable by the TV.

cheers again, using a panasonic dmp-bd360 as a stop gap at the moment, that i picked up for £25, i'm happy with the 4k upscaling, dvd's & blu's look good to me. i need a multiregion machine for my collection, never realised i had so many region A locked blu's lol, so that narrows the search right down to the SONY BDP-S6700 with upscaling or the PANASONIC DP-UB450 with hdr onboard, if my new tv is not up to showing UHD discs in all their glory, thats not a problem. is the panasonic going to be worth the extra £90-100 quid?, it would seem we have gone back in time with dodgy layer changes on machines as well. might just sit out uhd discs for a while.... till compatability problems are resolved.

I'd definitely go with the Panasonic for the HDR tone mapping as I previously explained.

If you don't intend to use UHD Blu-Rays, then you can go for a non-UHD player like the Sony.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom