43’ Sony + Humax CI+ and TivuSat

TivuSat User

Novice Member
Hello
i currently receive Italian Tv with a Humax decoder and dish pointed to Hotbird 13E.

I’m about to buy a new TV for sitting room and I’ve been looking for a current model available here in uk for a 43 inch Sony with twin tuners that will accept a Humax CI cam and tivusat smart card but I‘m getting confused on compatibility. TivuSat website seems to have models that are available in Italy and mainland Europe only.

is anyone able to advise?

Many thanks.

PS, if you’re wondering why on Earth one would want to watch Italian tv, you have a point. lol
Well, it’s for my Mum.

topologicaldonut

Novice Member
Hi,

I have a UK version of the XH9505 , the tivusat website lists the European version XH9505BAEP, while I've got the BU version. I have contacted both Sony UK and Italy if theres a difference, and there isnt one.

Watching tivusat works perfectly well. For some reason I cannot record English or Italian TV with the module inserted though.

Cant say if it will be the same for the model you're after but mu guess is that it will wprk. Hope it helps.

Say ciao to your momma :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom