42X3030, LE40M86(7) or wait for Samsung F86/Tosh Z Series?

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
There's some cracking deals on the Tosh 42X3030 at the moment, could get one for about £850 which for a 42" 1080p TV is pretty amazing. But should I wait for the new Samsung or Toshibas? Is the 100hz stuff really going to make that much of a difference? Surely we've lived without it for years and I haven't noticed any problems before now so what's the big deal? I'll be using SkyHD (1080i) , An xbox 360 elite with HD-DVD player (1080p) and will likely add a PS3 at some stage as well (1080p).

Cheers
Andy

ChrisGgr

While the 42X3030 is a very good tv,I think you should wait for the new toshiba's and samsung

HelloMoto

I got the Toshiba 42X3030 for £731 due to seeing a deal from Currys (expired now unfortunately)

Got it set up a few days ago and very pleased with it. I figured I could either get it at that price or spend forever waiting on a new series as after the 'Z' series there will always be another 'bigger and better' series.

crashuk

There's some cracking deals on the Tosh 42X3030 at the moment, could get one for about £850 which for a 42" 1080p TV is pretty amazing. But should I wait for the new Samsung or Toshibas? Is the 100hz stuff really going to make that much of a difference? Surely we've lived without it for years and I haven't noticed any problems before now so what's the big deal? I'll be using SkyHD (1080i) , An xbox 360 elite with HD-DVD player (1080p) and will likely add a PS3 at some stage as well (1080p).

Cheers
Andy

i need to pull my socks up, i can get the sam m87 for 810 however i just saw the sam f86 and it looks nice, the one thing that puts me off the sam m87 is the silver bit. i just dont know what too do.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
What difference is the full 10bit processing and wide colour gamut of the tosh Z series likely to make? Are they significant differences compared to the X series?

mikejones

Standard Member
Hi ZAndy1,

I'm in the same predicament, although it's between the Tosh X or Z series or Sony's X2000 or X3000.

From the details, the Tosh Z and Sony X3000 are very similar, although I doubt the prices will be!!

I've always had Toshiba's and you can't knock em for reliability and value.

Regards

Mike

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Well I picked up my 42X3030 tonight :), first impressions very favourable, no dodgy pixels, looks very smart. Will reserve judgment on the overall PQ until it's settled in for a day or two and I've had a chance to tweak the settings. BBCHD looks fabulous already though :thumbsup:

I decided I could wait forever and frankly I've had enough of trying to decide what to get, I've spent all week thinking about it and didn't fancy another week bothering about it so decided to bite the bullet. To be honest if it doesn't live up to expectation I doubt I'll have any problems taking it back for a refund on the basis of it not doing 24fps as I've got a brochure saying it does that and I'll just say I based my decision to buy on that information.

Right I'm off to read the settings thread :)

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom