42WLT66 Toshiba 42'' Vertical Line problem - refund?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by skyplusquery, Feb 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. skyplusquery

skyplusquery
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Bought my 42WLT66 back in mid 2006 & it has now developed the dreaded vertical "shadow" line down the centre of the screen. I appreciate that this is a well known issue / & that there are various historical threads - but has anyone had recent experience of the usual warranty procedure?

Mine is still covered via CostCo guarantee - but does the repair procedure tend to be a long drawn out process - or is it effectively not worth their while / cost replacing the parts & (as I have seen on other threads) Toshiba tend to just issue a refund voucher to the purchase price level?

Comments gratefully received.

2. skyplusquery

skyplusquery
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Anyone had any similar recent problems / refund issues with similar 42" Toshiba's?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  3. kennyhkw

kennyhkw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    If u bought it from Costco then just call there customer service line, they are a very good company and will try to fix the telly, if not they will most likely replace it.

4. pmabz

pmabz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Toshiba 42WLT66 Regza Jan 2007 and this week Aug 2009 the picture disappears, leaving a blank black screen but audio OK. Restarting TV resets the problem for a while - sometimes the pictures just goes hazy and/or bits of screen blank out. With DVD playing the latter problem occurs - chunks of screen blank out momentarily.

Obvioulsy it is driving me nuts - this was then an expensive TV, which I hoped/assummed would last for at least five years.

I didn't take any extended warranty from Comet.

Is this a software or hardware problem?

And if it isn't a simple cheap repair, anyone got any advice on the most effective way to get some redress from either Comet or Toshiba?

I expect Comet to be of no help whatsoever, obviously, and suspect Toshiba's reputation won't hold up.

Any comments gratefully received!!!

Pete

5. dubloma dha

dubloma dha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pmabz a.k.a Pete,

My Toshiba Regza 42WLT66 is displaying the same symptoms. Can you inform me how you rectified the problem with your unit.

Yes, indeed this is driving me nuts! Main use of unit connected via HDMI to PC mainly for gaming.

Regards,

Dubloma