1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

42WH36P - Poor Colour On Right Hand Side

Discussion in 'TVs' started by pugheaven, Jun 12, 2004.

1. pugheaven

pugheaven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    :confused: Well, received this nice new telly 4 days ago, apart from convergence problems, and having to alter them a couple of times per day and for each source... great picture. However, just wondering if anyone else has the right hand side of their screen and funny "hue".

When looking at say white or a very light colour, it kinda looks brownish... the rest of the picture is fine. I've done the convergence, but NOT service convergence... will that help at all???

2. skytel888

skytel888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a toshiba rear projetion last week mine had the same probs so i did a service convergence which help alot but still a very slight tinge on light pics so a service engineer is coming to focus it .what is happening is the right hand side is not focused propley so i cant get the colours to overlap without a red smear

3. pugheaven

pugheaven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Excellent... do they charge for a service engineer to come out then? Also, is it a Toshiba one? Cheers for the reply mate ;)

4. skytel888

skytel888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i phoned up toshiba at first they tried to do a user convergence with me over the phone but i told them it was not possible because og the red is smearing ,i did not tell them i had already did a service converge ang got it as good as possible .they said it needs refocusing as i bought it from comet they e-mailed comet to send a engineer round on monday free of charge .but i,m not happy it being a comet engineer though. i can refuse a repair if they do identify the tv is faulty and have a refund or exchange but i like the tv and want to keep my existing one as i have got the pic very clear apart from the very slight tinge on light colours but i am also worried about the comet guy making a complete balls up of things and making things worse :eek: :rtfm:

5. pugheaven

pugheaven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    :confused: :confused: :confused:
    Odd, left the telly on all night last night and been on today... and the "brown smudgyness" is far less today... haven't a clue what the hells going on... also, as flicking through SKY channels... noticed the whole picture has improved!!

Played Monsters INC last night, what an incredible picture...even a mate who's just bought an Hitachi Plasma said it was an incrdeible picture as good as his... kinda makes me ahppy now that even the Plasma boys have to hold their hands up :D :D

6. skytel888

skytel888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    THE picture will improve the more you use it i read after a couple of months it should have bedded in fully by then

7. skytel888

skytel888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SURE enough a comet engineer came round opened up my tv started fiddling around inside adusting the screen brightness and not doing much else said there was nothing wrong but will rebookit for a rptv expert i dont know why he came round for anyway he just left it so everyone had red faces. 2 days later the expert came ,started adjusting the red lens and the colur brightness internally then said there was nothing wrong with it ,so why was he repairing something he said there was nothing wrong any way he got the faces ok but on dark scenes you cant see any thing and on light scenes you get blindedi only noticed this after he left anyway phoned up comet after being tranfered from every dept i am going get a refund under the 7 days long distance selling regulations which they said i wasnt entitled to at first