1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

42WH36 green edge

Discussion in 'TVs' started by soswin, Mar 24, 2004.

1. soswin

soswin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had to muck around with the convergence when I got this tv (got plenty of help from this forum, thanks.) I thought I had it sussed, there was a slight green edge on the right hand side of some edges but it wasnt too noticeable, however it appears to be getting worse. I can only assume I am not doing the convergence correctly although it looks ok on the various grids in the system menu. I've been following demons detailed instructions, anyone get any advice?

thanks

2. soswin

soswin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SOunds like a convergence problem. In this model only the red and blue tubes can be manually converged using the normal menu. I have been having major convergence problems and tosh are going to replace it.

It is possible, I think, to adjust the green in the service mode but I haven't bothered going that far as I am getting a new one. Give Tosh a phone and see what they say, they seem to be happy to send out an engineer to do a full convergence for you.

4. soswin

soswin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I might do that. I've had 2 comet engineers out, perhaps its best to bypass them