1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

42WH18B tweaking problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by shaunthedude, May 14, 2002.

1. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just taken delivery of the above set last week. I have noticed that when watching a program with the black bars top and botom, the bars are on a slant, the picture leans down to the left of the tv. i looked to see if there was one of those geomagnetic ajustments in the menu but can not find one. Also the bar at the top is wider than the bottom one. I am a total novice with tvs etc so if some kind soul can talk me through how to ajust these problems in the menu I will be grateful.

Many thanks,
    shaun

2. laurel

laurel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Shaun

You say the bars lean to the left?

You could try putting a small wooden chock under the left of the set to lift it, then you wouldn't notice. :D

Or you could get a Panasonic? :p

Laurel

3. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Failing that, take the castors off the left hand side of your chair/sofa.........:D

Hope you solve your problem.

bob

4. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah yeah yeah guys. very funny. im splitting my sides here with laughter.

5. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    As a fellow Tosh RP owner I feel it is my duty to give you a sensible reply.

There are no geometry settings available to the user, although I believe these can be adjusted in the service menu.
    Don't try this yourself, Get the engineer out to do it FOC.

Regards the width of the black bars, are they always different widths or on just some progs? I have noticed this on mine and my previous TV but it only occured with DVDs, it's just teh way they were transferred.

A sensible if not over helpful reply.

6. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At last, somone with sense. The top black bar is always wider than the bottom one. It looks like the picture needs moving up about 2 inches. I will get in touch with an engineer to sort out the slant. I am still very happy with the set and these problems I can easily live with. My previous tv was the panny tx42pt10 which i liked very much, however, the picture on the tosh is outstanding compared to the panny. Thanks Kevo.

7. laurel

laurel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lighten up guys. :D Just a bit of light hearted banter.

You could try searching. there are plenty of people on here who have the set.

A quick search revealed threads

here

and

here

So there are certainly some people who can access it.

Try and PM them.

Cheers

Laurel

PS. My previous tv was the Tosh which i liked very much, however, the picture on the Pana is outstanding compared to the Tosh.

PPS. You can get chocks from B & Q.

8. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You will need some Duck Tape then, 2nd isle down from the chocks at B&Q.

I had a sony before, sold it cos it didn't have scrolling bars, but now the picture i have on my thomson beats the pana and the tosh hands down......:p