• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

42PX70 - Settings i keep seeing

OldSkoO1

Well i'm "runnig in" so am using Cinema with brightness 2 clicks left and everything else default apart from colour at warm.

Is it ok to use the warm setting running in?

Also i assume that P-NR is noise reduction? I see nobody ever enables this; could someone explain why this is. I always had it on on my old sony CRT; but this panny doesnt seem to need it?

Sharpness - what does everyone recommend? Can i adjust this whilst running in or is it best kept default for running in? SD freeview does sometimes look slightly soft on some lower quality channels.

Please could someone also explain what

PowerSave and side panel should be. I think i know what powersave maybe but i would like to know exactly what both do and what they should be.

Cheers!

Kalos Geros

P-NR reduces the analog antenna noise, I have observed that it only makes the picture more soft and unnatural

I keep sharpness one click above center as determined using DVE disk...if something looks a bit soft you can bring th sharpness up, it's rahher unobtrisive anyway comapred to most other brands...

side panel is gray vertical lines you get when you watch 4:3 content in 4:3 aspect setting...they can be made darker with this option but are never completely black to allow all pixels to be turned on equal amount of time...

power save is supposed to save power, but I haven't seen any effect on the picture...i keep it on because I don't like to waste more power than I should...

OldSkoO1

Cheers i thought as much just wanted someone to confirm

Is it ok to bump up sharpness and change to warm colour during run in?

Some people say default some customise but would rather do the best for my screen for the first 200 hours.

chrispeters

Cheers i thought as much just wanted someone to confirm

Is it ok to bump up sharpness and change to warm colour during run in?

Some people say default some customise but would rather do the best for my screen for the first 200 hours.

I have mine on warm....but the rest are halfway mate.....

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom