42PX60 Picture Question

cowtipper

Standard Member
Hi guys

I have just upgraded from a 37pe30 to a 42PX60 after reading several threads on here about how good it was i went to JL had a look thought yep that’s the one for me and purchased it on the spot.

When the TV arrived I set it up and after about half a day i noticed that the pixels on people faces lag it’s as if I am getting motion blur on there faces.

I never had this on the pe30 I read an article on here about phosphor degradation and how when A plasma is new the cells stake longer to discharge and I thought ok cool I can understand that I will leave it for a while and see what happens

I have now had the set a month the wife was watching the Kylie interview this morning on sky+ and where the studio lights were reflecting of here brow the pixels were having a little party of there own. Her brow was about 2 secs behind the rest of here (Never thought I would be saying that about kylie)

Has anyone see this on there sets of is it just me

Regards
The Cow

bferbrache

Prominent Member
What are your picture settings mate, brightness, contrast, colour, sharpness and colour balance? anything else you have changed?

A

ABP

I have seen a report of such an effect on these forums and if i can remember it was reported there was a fault on the input board of the TV and this was put right

Sorry no more info and i have just had a quick look for the thred with no success

ABP

cowtipper

Standard Member
Hi Guys thanks for replying I apprieciate it.

My settings are as follows

Cinema
brightness: 25%
Contrast: 25%
Sharpness: 50%
Colour: Warm
Colour Management : off
P-NR: Mid

its v bizzare when you watch the problem it makes you feel sea sick :eek:

cowtipper

Standard Member
Thanks for the info guys i will igve it a go tonight and see if it makes a difference.
I have noted that it is more noticeable when there are very bright studio lights reflecting off peoples faces.

astonbilla

Prominent Member
i got this to a certain extent on the 3 px60s i have had.

Turn off PNR, also you are being a touch too cautious with your contrast and brightness - 50% is low enough.

bferbrache

Prominent Member
I have my contrast and brightness just above halfway, colour around 50% with warm colour. Sharpness set to 0 though, PNR off and colour management off.

Good luck!

cowtipper

Standard Member
Hi guys gave it a spin it was somewhat better but not great i am starting to think it may be my skybox i stuck a dvd on lst night and you could see it but only fomr a about 5 ft away sat on the sofa you could not see it.

Alos my contrast and brightness settings anything above abotu 35% and the picture is unbearable its as if the cont and bright settings go into overdrive i used the dve disk to setup it today and the settings came out around 53% ish
when i switched back to tv the picture a aweful leaning towards unwatchable

The latest video from AVForums

Amazon Fire TV Cube Gen 3 Review: Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom