42px60 name a good package for sound cinema

Skeet

Novice Member
You have spent £1300 or so on a PX60...because, in order to achieve excellence, it's generally assumed that you need to spend a reasonable sum of money.

For example...I am a rifle shooter...it is commonly suggested, that...when buying a rifle..you should spend 50-100% of its cost on an optic (scope) for it, which in my case meant £3500 on the rifle and £1600 on a Nightforce scope to sit on top.

And...it certainly looks and feels the part!!

Anyway...to answer your question...no...its isnt any good.

The sound would most likely be tinny and distorted...not an ideal solution to your surround sound search.

I'm not fully conversant with the latest out of the box gear...personally I have a 5 year old Pioneer NSDV55 setup...which is fantastic...but I do intend to replace this at some point with a seperates system.

If you go to a reputable book store and purchase a copy of The Bible...turning to page 59, paragraph 4...you should see the following:

" And ye...The Lord spake unto Moses...Thou shalt build an Ark and in it you shall install a Pioneer DCS-353, for only £279 from all good retailers.
Is this truly what you wish Lord?...Asked Moses...Yes my child, for What Hi-Fi September 06 gives it 5 stars...an excellent choice for the money... nice one my son"

Here endeth the lesson....:D

Click Me, I rock

CITY_MANC

Novice Member
Skeet said:
You have spent £1300 or so on a PX60...because, in order to achieve excellence, it's generally assumed that you need to spend a reasonable sum of money.

For example...I am a rifle shooter...it is commonly suggested, that...when buying a rifle..you should spend 50-100% of its cost on an optic (scope) for it, which in my case meant £3500 on the rifle and £1600 on a Nightforce scope to sit on top.

And...it certainly looks and feels the part!!

Anyway...to answer your question...no...its isnt any good.

The sound would most likely be tinny and distorted...not an ideal solution to your surround sound search.

I'm not fully conversant with the latest out of the box gear...personally I have a 5 year old Pioneer NSDV55 setup...which is fantastic...but I do intend to replace this at some point with a seperates system.

If you go to a reputable book store and purchase a copy of The Bible...turning to page 59, paragraph 4...you should see the following:

" And ye...The Lord spake unto Moses...Thou shalt build an Ark and in it you shall install a Pioneer DCS-353, for only £279 from all good retailers.
Is this truly what you wish Lord?...Asked Moses...Yes my child, for What Hi-Fi September 06 gives it 5 stars...an excellent choice for the money... nice one my son"

Here endeth the lesson....:D

Click Me, I rock
Fill ya boots at THIS PRICE then :thumbsup:

Skeet

Novice Member
Seems to have been voted the best for the money by What Hi-Fi...as I said...I mean...you can spend more, mine was £600 5 years ago! You can still spend £1200 on a one box setup.

All you need to do, is plug it in, set it up and off you go...S-VHS to your Screen would be good or HDMI if it has it...but tahts it and you probably have those cables anyway.

EDIT: That Pioneer does have HDMI output, so if your screen has teh input...your sorted...

Skeet

Novice Member
loates123 said:
heard thatn one is not 5.1 when using sky hd

what about this then Panasonic SCHT855

You asked for a recomendation matey...and there you have it.
Surely, if something is broadcast in 5.1 it will be reproduced in 5.1...not much stuff is actually broadcast in 5.1 anyway...very little even is sent out in Dolby.

So where did you hear that?