1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

42PWD7 HDMI Board (Not Hi Def related)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by tauntingboar, Aug 28, 2005.

1. tauntingboar

tauntingboar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Just bought one of the above and am currently running a component signal to it from a Pioneer 737, my question is will I get better quality images if I run a HDMI progressive feed to it. I've read somewhere on here that its better to use the component but just need to check.

Thanks

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +673
    No you wont, I have yet to see a digital connection give as good an image as a component connection.
    If you buy a player with really poor YUV and excellent hdmi then that is a different matter but overall the Panny analogue inputs are superior to their digital inputs.

The 737 is a great player still, just go in interlaced with component, if you want to spend some money look for a used scaler, something like a Lumagen DVI would be good and with them only costing £695 new it would be an excellent used buy if you can find one.

3. tauntingboar

tauntingboar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks for quick reply. Do you think a 737 and a scaler would output a better image than say something like an Arcam DV79?

4. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +673
    yeah, the 737 has a superb interlaced output, plus you could put your TV through it too.