Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

42PWD6 Plasma - Pleas help with connection optionss?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by RumbleBee, Jun 10, 2004.

1. RumbleBee

RumbleBee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,
    After much consideration I'm now looking into purchasing the following
    - Panasonic TH-42PWD6 from http://www.av-sales.com
    or possibly the Toshiba 57wh36 (Thanks to all the help with Tosh), but I have a few questions regarding the plasma route.

I have;
    Sky Digital (Sky+ shortly)
    DVD Player (with componant Out)

My question is which cables should I be purchasing with the Plasma. I want to make sure I'm getting the best possible picture and presume this is what I should purchase

- RGB to Plasma Screen VGA
    £126.99 from AV Sales

Not sure what I should be looking at for the DVD Player though and do I need to purchase something additional to make the TV HDTV ready.

Sorry for the clumsy questions, but it's a complete minefield out there these days when it comes to buying a TV

Thanks,
    Andy

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Assuming your RGB to vga thing works with sky, then that sounds good (there are others know much more about those devices-personally I have never used one). So thus would have sky into the plasma vga. Then you can connect the component from dvd into the input on one of the 'Y' boards you can get included with the av-sales deal'. As far as making i HD ready, im not sure I can really think of anything you can do beyond what you currently have. In my case, im just going to jump that hurdle when i get there!

Ad