1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

42pw7 or 42pd5200h

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lisbonlegend, Jul 15, 2005.

1. lisbonlegend

lisbonlegend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just after some advice ,ive been reading the threads over the last few weeks and have narrowed my choice of plasmas down to 2.i have a budget of 1500 to 1600 give or take a few quid.my options are 42pw7 with harman kardon avr130 dvd22 and hkts7 speakers with a 3 year warranty £1600 or the hitatchi 42pd5200h with free dvd player (daewoo i think) plus free portable dvd player and 1 years warranty £1454 should i go for the pw7 with a 5.1 setup and 3 years warranty or the hitatchi which seems to be hd ready but only has a years warranty and no amp or 5.1 my main viewing is sky with the occasional dvd been watched lastly which will provide the better pq all advice welcome thanks

2. vileda

vileda
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This was a big debate about 6-7 months ago, I picked the 42PWD7 and am extremely happy, others are happy with their 5200's.

The only way to decide is to view both screens and see which one you prefer the look of.

3. lisbonlegend

lisbonlegend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i havent managed to find a stockist of the pw7 so i cant compare,i see your from sunderland im from just down the road in middlesbrough were did you view yours