1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

42pv500 best way to conect + sound choice

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by LicensingMan, Jul 7, 2005.

1. LicensingMan

LicensingMan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am a worried expectant 42pv500 owner it comes on Monday (£2400) with cabinet + free DRM-ES10 but no 5 year warranty yet.

I would like to know the best why to connect it all together I have
    DRM-ES10
    And a
    A SKY Box

I Will also be getting a home cinema system (all in one) for the TV and DVDs and to play CDs
    I want to spend up to £500 but will go to £700 if I have to. My wife wants the speakers built in to the stands rather than hook the speakers on to separate stands or put them on to the walls or floors any ideas gratefully received.

I love the styling and the pictures ( freeview) looked great so I bought it, it is to replace a Panasonic 36pb50.
    I have 5 days to send the PV500 back for any reason.
    Are there any happy owners out there ?
    :confused:

2. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,524
  3. oh aye

oh aye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very happy th37pv500cab with drm-se10. I use the drm-se10 just for recording and my pioneer 575a for dvd playback via component. I connect sky digibox and drm-se10 through the rgb scarts av1 and av4 leaving the remaining scart for the trusty vcr. By connecting the drm-se10 through one of these scarts you can use the Q link for recording its really useful. I didnt get the five year warranty either i thought i would see how things go because you can extend warranty after the manufacturers warranty expires they normally contact you.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    With that kind of budget for a DVD/sound system, I'd go separates every time. I'd get a Pioneer VSX amp, whatever precise model you can find for the right price, a 575 DVD is excellent, and how about Mission FS1AV speakers on stands for the look your DW is after? I'm pretty sure that will fit the budget, look superb, operate with 1 remote, offer you 'extra' RGB scart connections for consoles etc, and be more cheaply upgradeable, like when HD-DVD hits the streets, at which point you will otherwise bin the £700 DVD system and spend easily that again....

5. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was pleasantly surprised with how good the DVD playback from the ES10 was. As Oh aye said, keep AV1 just for the SKY box - routing SKY through the ES10 seriously degraded the picture (back to normal plasma standards :)). I'd still be interested to know how big an improvement you could get either running the ES10 to the PV500 through component, or using an HDMI player...

6. ajbird

ajbird
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you use the es10 for playback through component dont forget to tell it you are using component - took me ages staring at a black and white picture wondering what is wrong!

doh!

7. stroppygoblin

stroppygoblin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sulis, until recently I had my ES10 running through the Sky+ box and then into AV1. I have since added Component leads and now have a direct link. I thought the Sky+ PQ was good, WOW! via component the picture is rock solid! through the Skybox, you could see slight flickering around the edges of text (opening credit ot any star wars film is a good test of this) with component it is perfect! Get yourself some decent Component leads - you won't look back! :clap:

8. LicensingMan

LicensingMan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks to you all
    I was nice to hear some happy people
    Thanks
    :D