1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

42PV500 and Video plus

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by TheGworks, Aug 6, 2005.

1. TheGworks

TheGworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    With DVB being integral to the Plasma I have been trying to use the Video Plus codes to record Freeview channels with the panasonic DMR ES10 with no success at all. I spoke to Panasonic customer care today and was told that I could only record anolouge channels using video plus. Has anyone managed to use video plus succesfully on the Freeview Channels? If so how have you done it? Seems a real shame if you can't.
    Regards
    Graham
    :(

2. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,645
    Does it not work the way it says on Page 13 of the ES10 manual?

It says it works for cable and satellite TV stations, surely it should work the same with the integral tuner?

Let me know if it works, because I'm going to have to try it later on today when I get my Freeview aerial sorted.

3. TheGworks

TheGworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    That's what you would expect, if it works for cable and sat why not integral freeview.Tried that way with no success before I spoke to customer care. They are adamant that it can't be done. Would love to prove them wrong!!!
    Regards
    G

4. bin_man

bin_man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to start by saying I am very new to all this so I am not exactly sure why you want to use videoplus, I suspect that you are trying to record things some time (>7 days) in the future or still watch freeview whilst recording? I set the AV4 on my PV500 to output DVB via scart and use the timer on my PV500 to control recording my SVHS recorder. I find this really straightforwards.

5. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,645
    That does seem the only way to do it, pity the didn't implement videoplus though :rolleyes:

6. TheGworks

TheGworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    It was the Mrs who uses videoplus all the time!!!! Well I'll have to teach her the other way via the TV. Thats hours of what ifs and do it again - slower this time hehehehe
    Regards
    G