42PF9966 - Possible resolutions??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Stonedragon, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Stonedragon

Stonedragon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    For all of those with this model from Philips, I found something very interesting in the service menu.

There is a setting to output at 720p which can be turned on or off :eek: Now I dont what its doing there but to me this was a suprise since to my knowledge this set has never been advertised as capable of outputting at that resolution. Has anybody else come across this and have they been able to prove that indeed it does output at this resolution. From my experience I know the set is cable of 480p, 576p and 1080i so to have this resolution as well would be an extra bonus :clap:

Anybody?

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,042
    It always outputs at the same rate.........you are talking about it accepting 720P. Sounds interesting.

Gordon

3. lemke

lemke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen that option, sure.
    All HD resolutions can only be done throught the DVI/VGA.
    Don't have it, so can't try it.
    And don't really need it right now. RGB through SCART, activating the progressive digital option, gives superb PQ.

Lem

4. SAC415

SAC415

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New To This Forum But Have Just Ordered Philips 42pf9966 And Want To Wall Mount It And Use With Sky Digital, Home Cinema Kit And X Box Using Multi Rgb Scart Unit From Techlink. Any Advice Would Be Appreciated

5. tujax

tujax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Sac415, thats a nice set you have, good look and features. The wall mount comes included on the set and if you want to DIY, buy four 8mm metalic bushings, drill the wall and hang the plasma. You can connect the scart output of the unit to the ext2 of the plasma, or connect 3 separated scarts individually to ext1,2,3.

6. SAC415

SAC415

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tujax

Would I Be Right In Thinking You Have This Set. If So What Is The Pq Like With Sport As Keen Footy Fan.

7. tujax

tujax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have its big brother and it's nice for football, yes. Also for landscapes, action and so. Faces closeups and background images suffers occasional blur.

8. SAC415

SAC415

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Want To Connect Phillips 42pf9966 To Pioneer 424dcs Home Cinema In A Box , X Box And Sky Using Rgb Scart Thru Multi Scart Adapter But Am I Right In Thinking That This Will Only Provide Picture And Not Audio So Are There Rgb Scart Which Will Support Audio As Well Or Do I Need To Use Seperate Audio Connections. As Wall Mounted Space For Cabling Is Limited Any Advice Welcome