Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

42pe50

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by areuwithmee, Jul 30, 2005.

1. areuwithmee

areuwithmee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there.
    Will the 42/37pe50 be able to display Hd? I know the resolution is low and it has got only component connections but I just want to know whether it will handle Hd, although not as good as say the Pv500 series.

Thanks

Ruwithmee

2. gnikolaidis

gnikolaidis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, the lesser models have a built in scaler which allows them to display HD signals at native resolution. For confirmation of this fact visit the german panasonic site www.panasonic.de where under the description of the TH42/37-PA50E it states that it is "HD Compliant". I bought myself the TH37-PA50E model and I can confirm the fact that the built in scaler works as advertised.

3. Jaeger_01

Jaeger_01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just ordered my PA50 and I was wondering what dvd player is best combined with this fine screen?

I want the best picture out of my plasma/dvd but don't know what dvdplayer to buy??