1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

42PD7200 wall mounting advice needed, please help!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by chimpmagnet, Jun 23, 2005.

1. chimpmagnet

chimpmagnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hey guys,

I'm getting my 42PD7200 soon and would like to wall mount it. I've read that some of you guys have done this already so I would really appreciate some guidance on this.

What's important to me is:-
    1) I'd like a tilting bracket
    2) Don't want to spend > £150 ideally unless it's an extra special bracket
    3) I'd like to mount the plasma on a plasterboard wall that has (thin) vertical wooden poles/beams behind it. Is this possible and how? :lease:

Is there anything else I should be considering?

Thanks for the help, as you might have guessed I'm a bit of a novice yet :hiya:

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    If there is brick or blockwork behind the plasterboard, you should have no problems.

I've got my 5300 mounted on such a wall and made sure that the bolts I used were long enough to go through the plasterboard, through the wood supports and into the blockwork where they are anchored. No problems with the bracket after almost two years on the wall.

John

3. chimpmagnet

chimpmagnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Oh I wish I had solid brickwork behind it lol. It's basically just a plasterboard wall with thin wooden vertical batons holding it up.

There are blocks but they are about 2 feet behind the plasterboard wall. That's because this is a converted garage that I'm making into a games room/bar.

Anyone know a good place to buy a bar, or get one made??

4. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    In that case, it might be best to cut a hole in the plasterboard, fit a sheet of MDF in the hole and attach that to as many of the uprights as possible and then attach the plasma bracket to the MDF sheet.

John