Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

42PD7200 review

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by chimpmagnet, Jun 3, 2005.

1. chimpmagnet

chimpmagnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi guys

has anyone seen the review of the 42PD7200 yet? It was reviewed in June's issue of Home Cinema Choice (in the mag, not online), but unfortunately I missed it and now the July issue is out so I can't get hold of the June one :rolleyes:

I'd be interested to know what they thought of it. The 42PD5200 got a great 5/5 and this month I think the 42PV500 gets a 5/5 also.

Anyone see the 42OD7200 review??

Thanks!

2. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    reviews mean nothing really. I read reviews out of interest but they dont go into it very much by saying what they had to do to calibrate if they even do? the colour temp, contrast measurement etc. same with sound if they review a sub do they ever measure spl and in-room response?

3. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +701
    Are you sure HCC gave the 42pd5200 5/5? I thought it got 4/5 anyway HCC gave the 42pd7200 5/5 raving about it until the last paragraph where they said there was an occasional greenish tinge on blacks and the speakers distorted at high volumes.

What plasma gave it 5/5 and What Hifi gave it 4/5 saying they thought there was a bit too much noise on DVD Playback.

4. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Its okay except that it still suffers the same greyness to blacks that previous Hitachi models suffered from and noise was evident on the on I saw showing Stuart Little. The real problem is that the Panasonic PV500 is available for a bit more cash and is better in terms of screen noise has far better black level response and is better on HD (IMHO of course) Okay the stand doesn't swivel by remote control but I can live without.

5. -kreep

-kreep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the words of Eddie Izzard: "is that too much squeezy?"

Do people on here rate this 'plasmay' or not, i for one have seen it used it and messed on with it (no, not in the biblical sense!) and i think it's sweet as a newt! In fact i've swapped it for a tosh dlp tv (coz it ballacksed up) and its turnin up on Tuesday although i have been sayin that for 3 weeks now! lol!

So rate it! Give it some stars! for flips sake review it!! tell me, is it too much squeezy??

6. gazzaman

gazzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought mine from richer sounds for £2200 with 3yr guarantee. Originally ordered through Robertson’s online but cancelled after getting a reply of .. Should have stock 1 to 2 weeks mince for over 8wks so gave up.
    Now im completely new to the plasma world, had a 28" CRT before (portable LOL)
    1) I have been completely blown away with the PQ through standard freeview.
    2) Easy set up and the remote swivel is sooo cool.
    3) DVD PQ through component is amazing still can't stop drooling lol.
    4) All the connections you could ever need and of course hi def con bring it on SKY.
    5) Sound from supplied speakers is truly tremendous only use them for TV. 5.1 For DVD.
    6) Very high anti glare screen. Mines facing my window and no major reflections. However have blackout blind when watching movies.

Having spent hrs/days reading up on various plasmas and a little scared spending £2000 + on a telly. I can truly say I am 100% happy with my choice. And im now charging my m8's at the door lol. Sure I’ve read a CRT will beat plasma any day for pq, Well all I can say is ******** my socks have been truly blown off.

:thumbsup: 10 out of 10 From me :thumbsup:

7. -kreep

-kreep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll do for me son!

8. Badger0-0

Badger0-0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Me too.
    The PV500 is being raved about :smashin:

But I'm perfectly happy with my 7200.
    I was worried about spending 2 grand and the missus was against, but even she is coming round :thumbsup:
    It's well worth the dough IMO.
    Go get one, folks.

9. Badger0-0

Badger0-0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    For DVD, I use a cheapy Skyworth 3650 through composite.
    Don't laugh.
    I'm telling you, it's a cracking picture :thumbsup:
    I'll change to component when I find the right player.

As for the greenish tinge on black, well I can't see it and there are tons of settings.
    Standard contrast is +31.
    I'm running mine at -13!!!! (admittedly a running-in setting which I'll turn up a bit later)
    The standard settings are a joke, IMO and if thats what they're using to review, I'm not surprised they criticise.

Having said all that, I don't sit 2 feet from the screen.
    I sit the recommended 10 feet, so perhaps I'm not so fussy as some.

10. chimpmagnet

chimpmagnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hello,

just to let you know that Homecinemachoice.com has a review out finally.

Short but sweet at 5 out of 5.

Seems easy to get this under £2k now.

Cheers

Chimp