42PD5300 Wall fixing & volume control

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by DavidTrue, Sep 28, 2004.

1. DavidTrue

DavidTrue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased the above screen and a B Tech BT8500/8000 wall bracket fixing. However, I cannot find any instructions regarding which screws I should remove from the back of the screen to enable to fix the mounting plate. I contacted Hitachi and they claimed the 5th ammendment saying they were not at liberty to divulge that information for fear of being sued, (crazy). I then contacted B Tech with virtually the same response. As a last resort I tried to contact the supplier 247 electric but call just rang out. Has anyone out there encountered a similar problem? If so can you tell me how you resolved this problem. Thanking you in advance.
    Have also encountered another problem with the volume control. Sometimes, when adjusting the volume, the button seems to stick with the result that the volume either goes to maximum or to minimum depending upon which way I originally pushed the control. Any advice please?

2. kheldar

kheldar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I also had the 42PD5300.
    - For the wall mounting problems I cannot help you.

- Concerning the volume control:
    I had the same problem. For me it was a problem in the tuner. It was not related to the remote because when it occurred and I covered the IR-transmitter of the remote with my hand (to prevent the signal going to the TV or tuner) it continued to go up or down automatically.
    In my case they replaced the tuner, and the problem was solved.

But anyway I kicked the screen out of my house because it had a annoying buzz. Which they were still unable to fix after more than 3 months. Right now they refuse to take it back. The TV is now at my retailer, and I am waiting to an official reply to the letters I have send to Hitachi this week.

3. DavidTrue

DavidTrue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply. The problem with the wall mounting I think I have solved.

As with regards to the tuner volume must have a duff box. Maybe your old one has wormed its way into my house. At least my screen doesn't buzz--------------------yet.

Good luck

David T