1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

42PD5300 - Cinema in a Box?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Euan, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Euan

Euan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have just ordered 42PD5300 (at last!!!! - has taken me weeks to decide between 5300 and Pioneer PDP 435XDE), having read threads feel at last I have made right choice....... :thumbsup:

Now the next step......will be wall mounting in attic room (of reasonable size)and am considering one of three "cinema in a box systems".

Would appreciate any feedback on the following systems so I can make a decision a bit quicker than the screen :confused: Hopefully this will save me from further grief from g/f? Maybe?? If that's actually possible? :lesson:

Looking at....
    Denon DHT500SD
    Denon DHT550SD
    Jamo DVR-50 (A305PDD Speakers)

Or has anyone tried Toshiba SD9000 (DVD) as have one linked up to TV (Dolby Digital-thus no amp) in livingroom (I suppose I could buy an amp and some speakers) if anyone can pass comment?

Any info? thoughts? feedback?

2. Big Adam

Big Adam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Of the systems you suggest, I'd have to plump for one of the Denons. Not heard them myself but Denon are one of the few manufacturers of affordable micro-hifis that are remarkably good.

However, if your budget is approximately 500-600pounds, seriously consider importing a set of Canton CD1 speakers from Germany. See this thread for details. Incredibly good speakers for the money.

This will then leave you plenty of cash for an decent budget integrated receiver. I'd suggest either a cheap Yamaha from the same place you pick up the Cantons or something like a Denon 1905.

Your Tosh 9000 was a very sound DVD player 4 years ago and providing it is in good condition will be a perfectly respectable source.

3. Euan

Euan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ta for advice......will hold off until screen arrives, hook up Tosh then condsider options....probably best idea in the meantime?

Have an old Panasonic Home Cinema System (SA HT-70) that I can use until I order final choice....so at least I can have cinema effect all be it without A1 picture (Having said that it's not that bad) in the shorter term.

Cheers

Euan