42pd5200 what dvd player with dvi?

AGroucutt

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am considering upgrading my dvd player are there any suggested that have dvi out to use with my Hitachi 52pd5200?

AFAIK, the 5200 will accept RGB scart and component as well as DVI so if your existing DVD player supports either of those you'll not need to upgrade.

John

I currently have a Panasonic SCHT80 all-in-one at the mo and i think using component.

Would I be better quality pic getting a new dvd player that as DVI or Progressive scan im not 100% sure what this is?

No point in going for progressive scan. As the Hitachi uses an ALIS panel it is, inherantly, an interlaced panel.

I've done a number of tests with my 42PD5300 with an Arcam DV79 DVD playere testing with progressive switched on and off and I could tell very little, if any, difference with progressive switched on.

In fact, my wife, who knows nothing about this sort of thing thought the non-progressive picture was better every time.

DVI may give a better picture than component but, to be honest, component looks fantastic on my screen but I do have a quite expensive DVD player.

HTH

John

Hmmm I cant quiet afford your dvd player but im considering the Denon DVD1910 dvd player and Denon AVR1905 Amp any thoughts on these? Unbeatable doing combo for £398.

????

Never tried any Denon gear to be honest - do you have a local AV dealer who would let you borrow the gear for a home audition? - that's what I did with the DV79 and AVR300, nothing better than being able to test gear with your own setup.

John

Ok yes there is a SevenOaks shop in Wolverhampton Ill give a buzz and see if i can do that I was going to do that anyhow to see if they can do a price match on combo from unbeatable as rather get it locally and pick it up.

Thanks for your help. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom